Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What Do I Like Today?

Dr Brandt Pores No More Refiner

I had  NO idea how incredible this stuff is! I've had a tube of it that I got with a New Beauty Test Tube, but I already had other primers open that I'd been using so I hadn't bothered to open it yet. Well today I tried it for the first time,  and I am stunned at how well it works. I can't believe how perfect my skin looked after i put this on! It really DOES make your pores disappear! It has a slight tint to it, but it seems to become invisible on your skin, as I'm really fair and it was invisible on mine. I don't think I even really needed to use foundation after this.My face stayed fresh long into the day, I didn't even need to powder my nose until almost 5 hours after putting this on. I have to say that I am incredibly impressed and will continue to use this as part of my regular routine. 

Jack Black Industrial Strength Hand Healer 
This is theoretically made for men, but I myself love the Vitamins A & E infused formula for dehydrated hands. It does have a certain masculine smell on application, but it immediately is gone with no lingering. It has rice bran oil, which really smoothes your cuticles, and has made a huge difference to my dried out cracked ones. 

Polo Sport For Men in my car? 
Yep! Believe it or not, this makes a great car deodorant! I'm sure that's not what Ralph Lauren had in mind, but it works! I took the cap off and keep it in my drink holder, and it lasts much longer than anything actually made for that purpose and has a clean soap and pine scent that isn't gag inducing like a rearview mirror pine tree. I don't actually spray it, just let it slowly evaporate. When life gives you ex boyfriends leftovers, make lemonade :-)

Lancome Rouge Sensation Lipstick 
 

Oh Lancome how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...... For your creamy application, your staying power, your colors that look just like they do in the tube, your moisturizing properties, and for making it look like I stole Angelina's lips for the day. Oh sweet Lancome Rouge Sensation lipstick, please never leave me! (I'm wearing it today in Sepia, a GORGEOUS brick mocha)

Elizabeth Arden Lip Definer in Naturel 
As much as their eyeliners irritate me, I love this lip liner! It's a presharpened twist up, so no wasting half of it trying to get a point (grrrrrrr) and the 'naturel' color works with literally almost any lipstick color. The only drawbacks are that you usually can't twist it back if you do it too far and I wish it had more in it (though I suppose it come out even if you were using one you had to sharpen. It goes on really smooth with no pulling and makes a perfect line every time.

Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick 

Cream Blush is hit or miss with me. Some brands seem to sink into my skin in a weird pore emphasizing way and some of them look very clown like because of my fair skin. Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick however goes on soft and creamy, blendable and subtle. I can make it as light or intense as I want, and it's easy to adjust since the cream doesn't 'set' immediately. Because it's Clinique, it doesn't clog my pores the way some cream cosmetics can. I've always really loved Clinique blushes. I never really thought I had much of an opinion on blush one or the other (it's always been the redheaded stepchild of my makeup routine- something I used but didn't put much thought into) but I'm starting to realize that of all the brands out there, Clinique seems to be getting my highest levels of blush respect. Perhaps I'm becoming a believer! 

Mary Kay Retractable Lip Brush 

I'm not sure what it is about this particular brush, but  I have been using these for YEARS. I love that they go on lockdown so completely so you don't get funk all over your brush. You can have it in the bottom of your purse and it still won't get nasties. (like the time I had a lip compact open in my bag and when I found the brush it was completely covered in stray cigarette tobacco and pieces of random string. Um, trash?)Until another company shows me one better, this will remain my standby. 

VICTORIA JACKSON SILKY SMOOTH SHADOW
Who says being an informercial maven is a bad thing? My mom got me hooked on the Victoria Jackson line eons ago, and I'm still a fan. Often stuff advertised on TV gets a pass from me 'cause I don't know whether to trust it, but this stuff is worth it. The shadows go on evenly and hold up really well. They stay crease free longer than just about any brand I've ever used, with or without primer. Of course the sponge applicators are useless, as they always are, but these actually go on best with the finger more than anything. Yep, just looked at my peepers in the mirror and not a crease to be seen, 6 hours after application (with Mary Kay Triple Action Eye Enhancer on, which I stated previously isn't actually the best for crease reducing.) 

No comments: