Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Here, Pretty Pretty Pretty........

So today's pretty pretties? 


Let's start with smelling good, shall  we? 
Well now, I've always thought of Ralph Lauren fragrances as being man-centric so I never paid much attention to their women's scents. Until  Ralph Lauren Romance For Women 
that is! 
"A sensual essence of velvety woods, exhilarating florals and seductive musk.
Fragrance Type: Sparkling Floral
Key Notes: Lychee, Sungoddess Rose, Night Blooming Daylily, Patchouli Coeur"
Normally I don't care for fragrances decribed as 'romantic', but I think the lychee and patchouli deflower it enough so that I really quite like it! It's subdued enough for work, but has enough sophistication for dinner out (and it won't overpower your food like so many florals!) and you can wear it to a movie or the theater without irritating the people sitting around you. I think of it as a scent that people catch when they hug you. My stepmother-in-law insisted that my father-in-law buy her some after she smelled it on me :-) When I wear it, I feel as if I'm in a grassy field on a warm spring day wearing a big straw hat and chasing puppies while butterflies flitter by......

Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick In Raspberry Pop   
Estee Lauder in general has held a key to my heart for a while. Their lipsticks in particular seem to always look good. This particular line has great color and a gorgeous light shimmer, though it doesn't seem to stay on as long as some of their other styles. I've noticed that their shimmers wear faster for some reason, though not enough to deter me from loving them!

REVLON TimeLiner Lip Pencil Plumwine

I've never has a problem sharpening these and that's the main reason for my happiness- I get to actually use the whole pencil instead of half of it winding up in my sharpener! I do think these have a bit rougher application though, I feel a bit of pull when I put them on, which leads me to smoetimes have to tidy the line up a bit. Good color payoff though, and it doesn't bleed. 

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Porcelaine 
Is always a favorite that I will keep going back to. In fact, I feel a bit freaked out if I'm completely out of it. This is what I carry in my purse as my all purpose rescue team. It can be used as a finishing powder, as a light powder foundation, or layered for heavier coverage. It can be applied wet, dry, with a puff or a sponge. It lasts a really long time and looks fabulous no matter what. When I wear it as a foundation, I look as if I don't even have pores. Thank you Lancome! Can I have your babies now? 


Maybelline Instant Rewind Foundation Porcelain 
  I don't that know that it rewinds my age, exactly, but I get mistaken for a decade younger than I am all the tmie anyway. It does have SPF18 in it without feeling too glumpy, which is always a miracle with liquid foundations. It's a good color for me, as it adds a natural glow without looking I I'm trying to fake tan. maybe that's the age rewind part- the glow. It really does make your skin appear more radiant. My only compaint is that it gets shiny really quickly (bad for those with oily skin) and if you start to sweat- forget about it. I made the mistake of wearing this on a day outside once and it looked kina blech by the end of the day. Streaky and such. If you're not going to be exerting yourself and you don't have super oily skin though, I say go for it if you're at the drugstore and need a foundation.  
Press ENTER to look up in Wiktionary or CTRL+ENTER to look up in Wikipedia

No comments: