Saturday, February 20, 2010

So Many Ways To Be Beautiful!

So beauty is not only skin deep, but it's also tooth deep. Ever since I discovered toothbrushes by Preserve, they're the only brand I buy. I love it when I can be eco-conscious without really having to do anything! This from the company website:
"We consulted closely with dental professionals to create a toothbrush that gets your teeth cleaner but minimizes your impact on the environment. The design includes a curved handle for those hard-to-reach places and a three-level bristle arrangement to massage your gums. And while the bristles are brand new, the handle is made from recycled yogurt cups. When you send your Toothbrush back to us, a partner company will grind it up and turn it into plastic lumber for use in new picnic tables, park benches, and boardwalks."
That's right, they pay the postage for you to mail the brushes back to them! Now come on, how much easier could it be? You just go onto their website and print out a postage paid form. I purchase mine locally at Whole Foods or Central market, but you can also get them via the link I posted above. Give 'em a try and I promise you won't be disappointed! Plus you get the added benefit of feeling good about yourself :-) 

Thalgo Delicate Exfoliating Bar
I usually keep a seperate facial cleanser in the shower since I don't like using regular soap to wash my face. Thalgo is the exception to the rule however. This mild exfoliating soap is wonderful on both the face and the body, with shea butter and natural seaweed extracts. It isn't so exfoliating that you feel like you're scrubbing yourself raw (in fact, the first time I used it, it was so soft I wondered if it was actually doing anything) but afterwards your skin feels so clean and refreshed. It leaves me with that squeaky clean feeling without the soapy dryness. It's made in France, and apparently those Frenchies still know their beauty stuff! I've even read a review online from a man who's a mechanic who swears by it to keep his hands soft! It's got a clean, almost milky smell that doesn't cling to your skin, so you can use your normal scentsy stuff afterwards and men can use it without feeling girly. 

Korres Wild Rose Brightening Serum For Face & Eyes

Oh mama! Put this stuff on clean skin and feel like a fancy rich lady being pampered by fan waving slavegirls....and one of them is Kate Winslet- she's the one who gently dabs this luscious nectar onto your your waiting skin......Oh, wait, where was I?  Oh yeah. First of all, I've never had my FACE of all things smell so lovely. It's absolutely crazy! Your skin feels plump and inviting and sososososososososo soft! Since I started using this, my reactive redness has lessened to the point of being almost non-existent. People always thought I had a sunburn, and now even without makeup I look like a normal person! 
" A brightening and line-smoothing face and eye serum. This ultra concentrated serum is enriched with baobab tree polysaccharides that provide an instant firming and line-smoothing effect. In addition it has been clinically proven to considerably reduce the number, depth, and length of wrinkles. Wild rose oil is a natural source of vitamin C, which shows significant repairing activity to skin color disorders, adding brightness and radiance to the skin"



I only use this as a night cream since I use stuff with SPF for the day, and besides, on top of the Wild Rose serum, I can go to sleep feeling the moisturiziation mainline into my skin and wake up looking like Claudia Schiffer! Okay, that might be a stretch, but my skin still looks pretty darn awesome in the morning! This stuff is super duper moisturizing, so it's great for winter, but I think it'd probably be too much for me for summer use (at least during the day or when camping). I'm almost out and I want to cry. Guess it doesn't help that I've been using it as a super intensive foot lotion at night, but honestly, it has gotten rid of my callouses from being on my feet all day at the library! I have used 5,000 different foot lotions and none of them have done what this stuff does almost instantaneously! I know that's not what they had in mind, but I'm the boss of me!




That thing I mentioned about using moisturizer for the day with SPF? I'm not kidding. Protecting your skin is the single most imortant thing you can do to stay gorgeous! I BEG OF YOU, please use sun protection! DDF, or Doctor's Dermalogic Formula Daily Protective Moisturizer is a great choice. It's a UV protectant with SPF but goes on light and nongreasy and doesn't interfere with makeup primer or foundation. I do receommend that you give it about 5 minutes to settle into the skin before applying your other products. It has 4 different types of sun filters, and lasts all day (provided you aren't swimming, playin' Wimbeldon, etc.) They claim it's fragrance free, but when you first put it on, it does smell like old-school sunblock which can be a bit disconcerting, but the smell fades almost immediately. I carry their travel size in my ready to go at all times facial travelin' bag.



















No comments: