Saturday, February 27, 2010

Low Maintenence Thursday

Yeah, right!
Today is another electric hair day. Nothing like the Electric Slide, it's when the atmosphere is more highly charged than a hydroelectric plant. So of course my super fine hair likes to play electricity conductor and send little bits to attach onto my face and up my nose. Thank goodness for Phyto-Phytolisse Serum 
because a little dollop of this smoothed through my locks makes them behave without feeling greasy. 
"Ultra shine soothing serum with Althaea. Glossy shine is only a pump away. Designed to prevent hair from frizzing and instantly restores a smooth, shiny appearance. Botanical ingredients protect hair without weighing it down. Specially designed to discipline unwanted coils and rebellious ringlets of hair, Phytolisse instantly restores a sleek, shiny appearance to hair with smoothing and coating agents that work in synergy. Extract of Althaea, a plant better known as Mallow, together with Pro-vitamin B5, moisturizer and protect hair without weighing it down. Used as often as necessary, Phytolisse combines the benefits of hair care product and styling product. It is equally suitable for straight hair, to which it gives an ultra-smooth finish. From the very first application, hair becomes incomparably softer, silkier and shinier. Made in France"
While supposedly intended for curls, this really is a miracle worker for my flyaway straight mane as well. 

Today I perked up my "got up too early" face with the build A Blush Matte powder part of yesterday's beautyADDICTS-SleekCHEEKS-Blush-In Seduce 
(The powder is the lighter one on top). It starts off very sheer and can be built up to whatever level of drama you so desire. It's whisper soft and silky and easy to control. As tired as I am today, it makes me look more alive without being obvious that I even have blush on. A real perker-upper. 

I already discussed the shu uemerura Painting Liner yesterday, but today we're wearing the Metallic Green.
While it is referred to as metallic, it's not a flashy metallic- more of a subdued sheen. This one too can go many ways. A subtle line to add a flash of pop or full on dragon lady drama queen. Oooh, and let me tell you- I wasn't kidding about it's staying power! It took many swipes of the normally super gonzo Lancome Bi-Facil to get this stuff off! Love it!

Today's eyes are oh so very similar to yesterday's but today the Estee Lauder colors being used is the  Amethyst pallette (true beautiful amethysts, and the darker shade looks SOOOO much like the same shade as a birthstone necklace I have). 

The mouth is again with previously reviewed/discussed brands
Pierre Balmain Lip Liner, this time in Red Line 
which is a cheery cherry red. For some reason, this color seems to smudge more than the Pink Percussion I wore the other day, which sucks in a red lip liner. I got it really really cheap though, so no biggie, and in general it's still a pretty decent liner (and DOES do a good job doing total lip fill without looking flaky or dry).

I finished myself out with Estee-Lauder-Lasting-Lipstick in Pink Parfait
a very pretty shimmery pink that looks lovely over the aforementioned filled lip. What can I say? I love my Estee!
 The shimmers go on like a gloss, but stay on like a lipstick and there's just enough shimmer to create a prismatic pout.

No comments: