Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthdays and Blusher

So technically my birthday is tomorrow, but who has a birthday party on a sunday night? So I'm at work while (hopefully) the husband is putting the details together. Of course I'd like to be well rested and such for my own birthday party instead of working a 9 hour day, but whatcha gonna do?

Well, if you're me, you type on your blog......

Started out my my day with Sun Silk Anti Flat shampoo, conditioner, and body serum . I had high hopes, since my hair is so fine, and it has given it a lot of body, but THE ITCH! I don't know if I'm just allergic to some ingredient in it or what, but I generally do not have crazy sensitive skin. I think maybe they're so afraid of weighing the hair down that they've made this stuff dry as the Kalahari! Oh my lordy, I want to rub olive oil on my head! Next time I'll just wash my hair with 20 Mule Team Borax. 

Well thank goodness for philosophy-world-famous-daily-facial-moisturizer HOPE IN A JAR  to make me feel better while I feel like scrubbing my scalp with a brillo pad. I use the 20 spf and love that it's moisturizing without feeling greasy and my makeup goes on like a dream. It does feel a little 'heavier' than some daytime moisturizers, but it absorbs quickly. I do try to be careful not to use too heavy a hand with it, particularly around my nose. A little goes a long way! It gives the skin a nice glow and it does a great job of protecting- when I use this I can tell that the spf has stuck around all day, as I don't get so red from running to the car, etc. There's a reason it won the Best Of Sephora award!
And I love the motto:
you want to give your skin a drink of water, not a cup of oil


In keeping with my Estee Lip Lust theme, I used Estee lauder Long last Lipstick in Tiger Eye
lined with another one of those swesome BeautyAddicts Lip Liners in Express (a near perfect neutral nude-y liner). 


These two babies go together like milk and cookies. Amazing how such a neutral mouth can look so full, ripe and sexy!

To complement the orange in my orange paisley maxi dress, I opted for Visage Bourjois Pastel Joues Blusher in Roux Bonne Mine, which by the name alone makes me feel like changing my own moniker to Fifi.

It's a baked blush, so the pigment is incredible- trust me when I say a little goes a long way. I'll probably still have this to pass down to my grandchildren as a family heirloom or something! It's got an itty little mirror in there, which is unusual for a blush, and a natural bristled brush (I'm guessing goat based on the texture, but I could be wrong.) At first the incredibly odd yet adorable brush took some getting used to, it's curved to fit inside on top of the rounded blush and seems awkward to use intially, but once I got the swing of it, I now quite like it.

The eyes today are lined in Sue-Devitt-Eye-Intensifier-Pencil-in Kalahari , areally interesting greyish sort of color. These pencils are crazy thick, so they're more intended for a smoky smudged look than a super sharp line. They have a handy dandy smudging sponge on the other end, too. The only bad thing about these is that they're so soft and smudgable that you have to make sure you haven't rubbed any off during a long day- I'll carry mine with me so i can do any necessary touchups.

I'm loving my Ulta Pink Corals quad, though I must admit to being confused as to why it's called that when all of the colors are earth tones, but what do I know? Ulta shadows are always a bargain, with good pigment (especially their metallics like the GORGEOUS copper shimmer in this set!) I love that there's a tiny mirror in the case, but the sponge brush is a joke. Making a dual ended brush that's less than an inch long is fairly useless, unless you WANT to have eyeshadow all over your hands. Why even insult my intelligence by throwing that in there? Oh well, I suppose I can forgive them :-)
 


No comments: