Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Matcha Green Tea & Chia Seed Pudding

A photo posted by Julie Ann Keene (@thebeautypirate) on
This takes almost no time at all to throw together.Yes, it looks a bit scary I realize, but it tastes fantastic! Taking the extra few seconds to grate some dark chocolate on top really adds oomph to the flavor. I like to use a really good organic dark chocolate like the Endangered Species Panther that my friend Tawnie brought over! Thanks for amping up our breakfast, darlin!
3 Minute Matcha Chia Pudding
Meet your matcha! This recipe is delicious, loaded with antioxidants, and so easy to whip up!

Ingredients
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup milk - I like to mix half and half coconut milk and moo-cow milk
1 teaspoon matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons honey (sweeten to your liking)
1 scoop protein powder (today I used Amazing Grass Vanilla Chai
a grating of dark chocolate

Topping suggestions:

 fruit of your choice, I like to keep bags of frozen fruit for an easy way to add vibrant flavor- today I made it with mango- DELISH!!!!

Preparation

Add all ingredients into a bowl. Combine together well using a fork. Let it sit for ten minutes. Sprinkle fruit, chocolate, or any of your favorite toppings into the bowl. I like to grate some dark chocolate on top (it's a superfood so no guilt!) 

No comments: