Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sephora Haul + Their End Of Summer Sale + $41 freebie code

Sephora.com, Inc.

What an amazing sale!!!!!!! I am such a Sephora junkie, and when they have these sales I really like to stock up.


And while this code says VIB only, I had a friend who was a VIB that told me about a VIB gift before I was one and it worked for me, it's just not announced to anyone but VIBS.


VIB Exclusive. Compliments of Boscia. Get this highly effective complexion--learing mini set including an acne treatment gel, top-rated clarifying tonic, and lightweight moisturizer with your purchase. Online Only. Enter code VIBCLEAR at checkout.* $41 Value. Shop now >

I wish Sephora did their sample pack gifts more often- they tend to only do it maybe twice a year. Lucky me- I grabbed the Tokidoiki bag before they were all gone. Not only is Tokidoki super cute, but their cosmetics are FABULOUS as well! Tokidoki is all on sale at least 50% off at Sephora right now, and I cannot begin to tell you how much I love their stuff.



This particular bag contained:
Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, The Body Shop Shea Body Butter, Dermadoctor Wrinkle Revenge Rescue & Protect Eye Balm, Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel, Benefit Cosmetics Hoola, Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil, Amazing Cosmetics AmazingConcealer in Medium Beige, Michael Kors Gold Eau de Parfum Spray, CLEAN Warm Cotton Eau de Parfum Spray, Paco Rabanne Lady Million Eau de Parfum Spray, and DKNY pureDKNY Verbena Scent Spray






In the video I reviewed the following:


Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss Midnight Cowboy 0.34 oz Not only is this stuff just plain old gorgeous lip gloss, it also makes your lips look full and plump without the sting of most plumping glosses. It's a minty tingle that's refreshing, not painful! Enough thickness to have good staying power but not grossly gloppy.



SEPHORA COLLECTION Nano Lip Liner 01 Gorgeous Gold This is more of a color base than an actual liner in my opinion. I use it to fill out the whole lip then add a gloss over it- it looks FABULOUS under the UD Midnight Cowboy. I wish it were easier to sharpen but at $5 it's still a steal. My suggestion? Put it in the freezer for a bit before sharpening. It hardens the pencil a bit so that it doesn't smoosh off when you sharpen it. Very creamy and applies quite well.


Fresh Umbrian Clay® Absolute Concealer® 2 I use color 1 in this which is for porcelain complexions with pink undertones. It does a fantastic job as a concealer without feeling heavy, it blends right in seamlessly. On Sephora's ratings it has a 4.2 out of 5. This is one the first concealers that I didn't feel looked too obvious on my pale skin- often they leave a bit of a yellow cast on me. A little goes a long way and it's buildable without looking cakey. A plus? The clay is excellent for blemishes, it will clear them up super fast while also hiding them!

   
Baked Marble Eyeshadow Duo
 Laura Geller products in general make me drool and her baked eyeshadows are no exception. Super creamy, beautifully pigmented and long lasting with no flakes or creasing. If you do a wet application it's out of this world! 4.5 out of 5 kisses on the Ulta website! 

I got mine at Sephora but they no longer have it but I DID find it on Amazon for crazy cheap- only $10.49. I had never used brow wax before I got this, and I absolutely LOVE it! While my eyebrows are extremely pale (for some reason, redheads often have an almost greenish cast to their eyebrows) they can get QUITE unruly. I don't want to look like Ernest Borgnine if I add color to them, and the wax tames them magnificently without me having to go pluck crazy. I'm a sucker for cream eyeliners, but some are better than others to be sure. These go on smoothly and evenly and really make my eyes pop. It's in a tiny little package, but it actually has lasted me quit a while and for the price it can't be beat. A great deal to try out something before splurging on the full size.

Pink Dandy Whipped Satin Luxury Cream

This particular item I did NOT get at Sephora, but I lurved it so much I just wanted to share. Other than fragrance oils and the occasional preservative to inhibit bacterial growth, the products are generally natural and always vegan and phthalate free. (Ha! I don't mean they'e vegan free obviously, but one would assume that PETA members have not been ground up and used as a preservative!) This stuff is SO luxurious! Often really thick lotions like this are also greasy and don't absorb well, but this stuff sinks right in with no residue. It leaves your skin feeling plump, hydrated and nourished. You can practically see your skin expanding with moisture! until I ran out, I was using this to massage into my legs every night before bed- my husband loved the way it made my legs feel and would rub his grody man feet on them :-) Grapeseed oil and coconut oil are both so incredibly fabulous for your skin and grapeseed oil's regenerative properties are the main ingredient of a number of high end, chi chi brands. And just in time for Christmas gifting, they have gift sets that you get to customize with your choice of scent for each item in the set! I SOOOOOO wanna try out the shampoo and conditioner!

From the website:

Key Ingredients:

Grapeseed Oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, linoleic acid and other essential fatty acids; which, help to strengthen tissue cells and preserve the natural moisture of the skin.

Coconut Oil is perfect for dry, itchy, sensitive skin. It will not clog pores and it absorbs readily into the skin.

Cocoa Butter is well known for healing sun burnt skin and softening the appearance of stretch marks and wrinkles. This butter also has a high reputation for providing a barrier on the skin, which helps retain moisture and to help restore hydration to the skin. 

What this product does:

• Thick formula that deeply penetrates the skin

• Does not leave an oily or greasy residue

• Does not clog pores

• Gentle formula which is great for sensitive skin types

• Aids with the appearance of stretch marks and wrinkles

• Great formula for extremely dry skin and every day use

• Extremely hydrates skin


Sephora magnetic eye brush set
BWAH. If you watch the video you'll see how incredibly underwhelmed I was by this. The brushes are SOOOOOOO tiny as to be damn near useless and if you try to use it with the brushes stacked so you have a handle, they're all flopsy and hard to control. I was really intrigued but concept and execution did not meet in the middle on this one :-( 

No comments: