As good at nourishing the skin as it is to facilitate a body-soothing massage, this coconut and macadamia oil based massage butter is easy to make and a delight to experience.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 48 drops lavender essential oil
- Measure coconut oil and macadamia oil into a saucepan or double boiler.
- Under low, gentle warming heat, melt the oils then remove from heat.
- Add lavender oil and pour into tin or jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Allow to cool until partially solidified ( I put mine in the fridge cause this is Texas....)
- Scoop out small amounts and massage over body.
I used to purchase my essential oils at places like Whole Foods and would pay for a tiny bottle of Aura Cacia what you can get a huge 4 oz bottle for on Amazon - I made this using goPURE 100% natural Bulgarian essential lavender oil
and this super cheap macadamia nut oil that is at least half to 2/3 less than most because it's not marketed in a fancy bottle bottle or with a fancy label.