Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Drugstore Darlings & Burt's Bees Grab bag

I know I usually veer towards the schmancy or handmade in my beauty choices, but I buy stuff at the drugstore or Target like everybody else, I've just gotten a lot pickier as I've been introduced to the larger world of beauty out there and I'm a sucker for the hunt for the new or unusual. Also because I wait for sales and special deals, I can often get stuff a lot cheaper, so if I can get something chi chi for the same price as a drugstore item, why not? So what are some items that I LURVE that you can get at your corner emporium?

Pantene Fine Hair Solutions Flat To Volume conditioner
Dang! It's crazy cheap on Amazon! Oh, sorry- got distracted there.....
So yeah- anyway......  I have baby fine hair and lots of it and I have the hardest time finding a conditioner that doesn't weigh it down or make it stringy. I have used conditioners that were 20 times more expensive that didn't give the results that this stuff does. It tames my flyaways, smooths split ends and most important of all it gives me tons of volume! I'm so used to my hair just sitting flat on my noggin and after using this conditioner it actually has spring to it! I love the smell, too and The Husband likes to nuzzle my head after I've used this. He says it makes my hair smell wonderful and makes it really soft.


Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash
This stuff feels downright decadent Perfect for the winter months, it's thick, luxurious formula really penetrates and leaves the skin feeling incredibly soft. It doesn't have a detergent feel that makes your skin feel tight after using it, the skin feels almost plumped up. It's extremely concentrated, so a little goes a long way, especially if you use it with a bath pouf. It smells like a boutique brand too!


Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder (Ivory)
I keep trying more expensive brands of pressed powder and I keep coming back to my old standby. Yes, the new compact style is more difficult to open, but it also doesn't fly open in my purse and coat the bottom of it with cracked broken powder bits. I realize that pressed powder has fallen somewhat out of favor lately, but I still can't think of anything better to carry in my purse. Yes, blotting papers are great, but sometimes a girl's just GOTTA powder her nose. This doesn't clog my pores or irritate my sensitive, rosacea prone skin. Finding powders that don't look orangey on me is difficult, but their neutral ivory blends into my skin perfectly. I love the old school clean Noxema smell and it makes my pores practically disappear. I can even use it over bare skin for a natural but perfected look. Very finely milled, it makes your skin feel like silk.


all Dove Deodorant
I have YET to meet a Dove brand deo or antiperspirant that I didn't like. The Energizing is one of my favorites with a zippy, bright scent that says "good morning!" The Cool Essentials with cucumber is excellent for the summer and even The Husband will borrow it when we go camping. I try to go the natural route with my pits because of aluminum fears, but in the summertime in Texas? Forget about it. This stuff will keep you dry and fresh all day, no matter how hot and sweaty and stanky the rest of you gets. I run hot anyway, and when I tried the Secret Clinical Strength I somehow smelled like a wet dog. No such worries here.


Burt's Bees Avocado Hair Treatment makes my hair super shiny and silky. It's a pre-shampoo treatment. It's recommended to leave it on for at least five minutes and up to 20. What I usually do is comb it through my hair then leave it in while I do everything else- it's a great companion to leg shaving. If you have split ends, this stuff is great for smoothing them out and in the winter it helps to keep flyaways at bay. When I've tried to do homemade avocado treatments, it always made my hair feel clumpy and weighed down, but this has the exact opposite effect, my hair is bouncy and shiny and full of body. Right now Burt's Bees has a free Fall Sample Grab Bag, too!

Fall Sample Grab Bag ($34 value) FREE with a purchase of $30 or more at BurtsBees.com!


Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment
Rich. Buttery. And born to be a beauty. We use Avocado Oil in our pre-wash hair treatment to deliver essential moisture while Olive and Almond Oil, Rosemary and Nettle Extracts help give your hair a beautifully glossy shine. Gives glossy shine with Olive and Almond Oil, Rosemary and Nettle Moisturizes with Avocado Oil SLS-free

No comments: