Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Celebrity perfumes that surprised me

I am normally a bit leery of celebrity endorsed perfumes, there's something a little too, I dunno, self absorbed or needy or money grubbing about it to me. For me it generally takes away from the integrity of the endorser and the perfume. Every now and then, however, one will pop up that I actually quite like.

Here's 3 of them! (wow! either those new meds really are working, or I'm becoming less bitter in my dotty old age....)

(the links are to Fragrance X & will get you free shipping and a big discount off the normal retail. They also have a Pay Later option where you have 6 months to pay- super awesome for getting Christmas presents!)


I really expected this to be super little girly and was pleasantly surprised. While it IS a very youthful scent, it still works on my 40 year old self. I was also surprised by how much I like the actual bottle and packaging- not something that I'm embarrassed to have on my perfume shelf. I guess just looking at pictures of our little Miss Taylor shows that she's growing up, and so is her scent. Playful and youtful, but again not OVERLY childish. On me the peach in the background stands out the most, so it's a fruity sweet, not a candy sweet. My one complaint is that it doesn't have a ton of staying power, but for the price it's not that big a deal.
Wonderstruck Perfume by Taylor Swift, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for WomenWonderstruck Perfume by Taylor Swift, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Wonderstruck Perfume by Taylor Swift 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women. The Celebrated Pop Singer Taylor Swift In Co-operation With The Distinguished Elizabeth Arden Launched Her Fragrance Wonderstruck In 2011. The Nose Of The Perfume Is Olivier Gillotin�of Givaudan. The Inspiration Has Been Drawn From Her Song �enchanted'�the Same Effect That This Fragrance Creates At First Meetings. The Opening Notes Of The Eau De Parfum Are Floral And Fresh With Freesia, Tea, Black Berry, And Raspberry And Apple Blossom. The Heart Is A Gourmand Vanilla, Honeysuckle, And Hibiscus. The Background Is Woody With Sandalwood, Musk, Amber, And Citrus Peach. It Comes In A Stylish Flacon With A Golden Cap And Laced With A Golden Chain, Flaunting Suspensions.


Jennifer Aniston is a lovely perfume, but WHY did they have to actually NAME it Jennifer Aniston? Very off putting, but luckily the scent isn't. (if people ask what I'm wearing, I'm almost too embarassed to say. ) While it supposedly has a soap top note, I'm happy to report that no, not really. You smell a 'clean' ocean scent, but not full on soap. On me, the base notes of amber and sandalwood are what really stick around, and those are two of my favorite scents. It pretty much goes straight to the jasmine with the amber and sandalwood lurking behind it on me.
Jennifer Aniston Perfume by Jennifer Aniston, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for WomenJennifer Aniston Perfume by Jennifer Aniston, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Jennifer Aniston Perfume by Jennifer Aniston 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women. Introduced In February 2011 By The Design House Of Jennifer Aniston, This Delightful Fragrance Combines The Fresh And Sparkling Scents Of The Sea Mixed With Clean Soap And Fresh Floral Notes. This Invigorating And Refreshing Fragrance By Jennifer Aniston Is Ideal For The Woman Who Is Ready To Face Each Day With A Fresh And Positive Attitude. Opening Top Notes Are Comprised Of Soap And Sea Spray. Middle Heart Notes Include Marine Floral Fragrances And Alluring Jasmine. The Final Base Notes Of The Fragrance Hint At Light Sandalwood And Amber.



Heidi Klum Shine- I thought by the name that this would be a a very girly, carefree scent. It's anything but- Heidi Klum means business. While it does have some florals, they are of the sophisticated, grown up variety. This is a scent for the woman who isn't afraid to be noticed and isn't afraid to smell sexy. It's sexy like Heidi Klum is though, in a classy way, not a slutty way. I guess you would say Sensual. Perfect for the cooler weather as it's has a bit of a "warm" feeling to it. I would never peg this as a celebrity scent just by the scent alone- it smells very much like a department store scent.
Shine Perfume by Heidi Klum, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for WomenShine Perfume by Heidi Klum, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Shine Perfume by Heidi Klum 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women. In 2011, The House Of Heidi Klum Released Shine, A Luxurious And Sophisticated Scent That Embodies The Sophisticated, Refined And Classical Woman. Not Too Sweet, And Not Too Flowery, Shine Is The Perfect Combination Of Light Floral Fragrances And Subtle Hints Of Earthy Sweetness. Top Notes Are Comprised Of Pink Peppercorn, Pear And Mandarin For A Spicy And Sweet Citrusy Scent. Middle Notes Are Made Up Of Lily Of The Valley, Mimosa Absolute And Sunflower. Sweet Vanilla, Tonka Beans And Musk Comprise The Final Base Notes Of This Incredible Scent.

No comments: