Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Subtle But Not Serious

I am finally nearing the end of my obsessive almost daily wearing of the new Shu Uemura painting liners. I've been doing pretty thin cat eye styles with them, but for today I decided to see how it fared as a thick smudged, almost smoky line. For this I pulled out the Metallic Purple
and applied it with, well, a lip brush. Still small enough to get a true line, but just enough fluffier to have more smudge. To get any smudge with these liners, you have to do it at that instant or it sets and you're done for. It actually made for a beautiful eye! When they this stuff is smudge/fade/crease/water/flake proof they don't mess around! 

And to show once again how obsessive I can get, I am ONCE AGAIN with the Estee Lauder shadows today. Their Pure Color Plum Pop looks gorgeous with the liner. This shadow has been on my eyes for, lemme see.... 7 hours and I am just now seeing the teeniest bit of smudging at my crease line and this is without any shadow primer. So you get why I love this stuff, right?

Sue-Devitt-Mini-Stars inTalitha is a great little gloss pot. There's a mirror in the compact to keep you from schmutzting gloss all over yourself and 4 different coordinating colors for variety. They are all on the sheer side, but you have options from highly prismatic to a very natural light sheen. I like these with a teeny bit of nude pencil at the lip bow for a sexy but still natural look. When I first used these, I was afraid they'd be gummy since they feel VERY tacky upon application, but once they warm up to your skin temperature they're surprisingly light and moisturizing!
I am addicted to the Bath & Body Works PocketBac antibacterial gels. They're so wee gumbitty that I can carry one in my purse without it taking up too much room and of course they all smell divine. They make awesome little gift bag items, and you can grab a big variety for next to nothing. I also adore that they are so moisturizing and don't make my skin look like an alligator's the way your standard antibacs do. I've been toting around the Warm Vanilla Sugar because it's the kind of scent that seems to melt into the skin without overpowering my perfume. The only thing I dislike about this scent is that it brings back some ooky sense memories of someone I knew with bad bad BO but slathered on the lotion in this scent making for a potent cocktail indeed! 



This is a fragrance that it takes a bit of daring and perhaps a sense of humor to wear. It is a very masculine fragrance due to some woodsy notes, but has these odd fleeting feminine moments. I don't mean it smells like Polo For Men or anything, but is certainly not a 'girly' scent. It smells very posh and monied. I guess you could call it wealthy tomboy goes to an art opening and actually buys a painting instead of being there for the free cheese.  

No comments: