Monday, March 1, 2010

Earth Angel

Since I'm wearing orange, brown and navy tones today, I went with an earthy, shimmery face. The Ferro cosmetics that were the main part of my face will be reviewed seperately, but this is the rest. 

I am constantly running out the door and forgetting to put on deoderant. Nothing like spending the day worrying about your stank. Color me dense, but it took me forever to realize that the sample sizes of deoderants are perfect for keeping in a makeup bag just in case! Duh. Also good for 'touch-ups' if you're having a long day. You can buy these in most places like Target, but the best option I've found is to do a Google search for "deoderant sample" and you will pull up links to most of your reputable personal care companies who will be happy to send you one for free. They're also great for packing since they save a lot of room and you won't be ticked if you forget it behind. One that i got a sample of at one point that I loved so much that I bought the full stick is Ban Invisible Solid in Sweet Surrender. I do try to be natural with my deos, but sometimes I just know I'm going to need something stronger. This stuff is rated as #1 in protecting against "stress sweat" or what some call 'flop sweat' and it really does work amazingly well. The smell is light and lovely, fresh leaves and sweet pears. It's not such a strong smell that it overpowers or covers up perfumes, but if someone were to sniff your pit they'd say "My! What lovely smelling armpits you have!" Or else "Ow!" if you hit them for sniffing your armpits. 


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion now comes in SIN, an irridescent champagne shimmer that doubles as a shadow highlighter if you let a bit peep out, or can be used as all over subtle color if you want to look 
natural with some help.
Urban Decay Primer Potion is easily one of the most glorious things on the planet. In general I'm not sure how I ever survived without shadow primers. Your colors are true, have more zing, last forever and don't crease. If you use Primer Potion and your shadow creases or fades quickly, it's got to be the cruddiest most shoddily made face poison ever made and you should throw it away immediately before it makes you go blind. The Sin shade is a nice alternative, but because it's tinted you can't use it under the eyes to help liner stay unless you want to have the champagne color under your eyes. So in other words, I wouldn't have it be the only primer I own, but I'd definately own it. (Well, I definitely do already, but you know what I mean.) It's worth the cost, because you use less of your shadows, they require less touch up, and a little goes a long way. A full sized tube will last you months and months, even when used every day. 


Cover Girl Exact Eyelights
in Black Sapphire for blue eyes is a good drugstore mascara, but you do need to use a lash curler before application- this is not a curl enhancing mascara. I did one with with a curler and one without, and the one without the lashes are all higgledy piggledy and poking all kindsa ways. With the curler, they're long and clump free. I'm not sure exactly what it is that supposed to 'brighten' the blue in my eyes (mine are green/blue/grey depending on what I'm wearing) but they do look sparkly. It is waterproof, and it lives up to that- no raccoon eyes. Just make sure to use an actual eye makeup remover to get it all off without tugging out your lashes. 




Lancome Brow Expert Modele Sourcils is another one of my beloved darling Lancome tubes of perfection. One of the few brow products to match my hair, the Chataigne color is an almost PERFECT match to my hair color. I was almost shocked to discover such a perfect match.It's a gel with a mascara style wand, you need to wipe away excess into the tube to avoid clumping just like you would with mascara. I like that it gives you a minute to brush it or adjust it before it dries and then once it dries it stays- no embarrassing extra eyebrow on your forehead! Looking at myself in the mirror right now, my bangs are brushing up onto my brows, and they really are the exact same color. I need to buy Lancome stock.  




Estee Lauder Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Copper Coral
Is a gorgeous orangey brick color. Well, I suppose like copper and coral. For once a lipstick shade that actually has a name that describes it PERFECTLY! EL's Hydra Lustre lippies do a great job of moisturizing your lips and have a creamy feel that's more lip balm than lipstick- a good thing! The colors are radiant and glowing with good pigment. They really emphasize the plumpness of my lower lip. I ate a bean and cheese tortilla and the lip liner smudged more than the lip color did. 








Sephora Nano Lip Pencils are good cheap reliable lip pencils. I've talked about them before, so i won't go into it again, but I do want to point out a complaint I discovered. The color name isn't on the pencil so if I wanted to get another of the same shade I'd have to guess at it. That sucks.

 Bath & Body Works 
P.S. I Love You Eau de Toilette is a surprise for me. It's a much more sophisticated scent than I expected. The name and the bottle style had led me to believe that it would be a playful, girly scent- a bit immature but cute. Instead it's a rose base with a lot of deep notes and is a floral that isn't a cloying childish floral. According to B&BW
Master perfumers have created a modern blend of rose – the universal symbol of love – with sexy golden amber, addictive white Riesling and exotic incense.
  • Spray on to pulse points and enjoy our alluring fragrance
  • With a higher concentration of fragrance oils, our Eau de Toilette gives you a more intense, longer-lasting fragrance experience than Fragrance Mist
  • Fragrance Top Notes: Fresh Citrus, Lychee, Peony, Yellow Rose, Sparkling Riesling
  • Fragrance Mid Notes: Scarlet Velvet Rose, Orchid, Purple Lilies, Jasmine, Hypnotic Incense
  • Fragrance Base Notes: Creamy Sandalwood, Patchouli, Golden Amber, Musk
So a much sexier, darker scent than I expected. A good thing! 

No comments: