Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh Sue Devitt, why hast thou forsaken me?

I'm so disappointed that I wanna cry. I have really liked everything that I've ever tried from Sue Devitt (her big chunky eyeliners thrill me to pieces), so I had SUCH high expectations for the Naughty Palette. I realize that often high expectation lead to plunging depths of despair, but even swatching the colors on my arm led me to believe that my hopes were not in vain. 

The palette consists of 2 shadows- One a sparkly silver grey and one an icy pearl- and 2 lip glosses- one a super glittery magenta and one a super glittery pink. 
Unfortunately, despite how sparkly it looked swatched, it for some reason did not transfer upon actual application. My eyes looked sunken and there was a ton of fallout, and the lip gloss didn't look the slightest bit glittery upon application. What happened? I used both lip and eye primer so both should have performed at the top of their game. Is it unreasonable for me to almost want to cry with disappointment? I specifically purchased this palette for what appeared to be super duper sparkliness. 

Sigh........
 

No comments: