Monday, March 8, 2010

My Pretty Sample Bag

www.myprettysamplebag.com  is a sampler program with a bit of a difference from most. With this program, you get to pick which items you receive. The majority of the participating retailers tend to be independents, etailers and Etsy folk. It's a great way to get introduced to new companies and find out about unique products. I love that there's usually lots of organic and natural products available, and I credit this site with turning me into a mineral makeup junkie! It's cheap, too! $10 (which includes shipping) for 5 products. New companies are always participating, so it's constantly a treat to see what you can pick from. 

My latest picks came and here's what I got to give you an idea of what's available:

1 pack of Revlon's Runway Collection glue on nails which normally retail for $7.99. You don't get to choose which style you get, but it's still a great deal. I've used these before and they're easily the best fake nails I've ever used. They're easy to apply and last lots longer than many other styles I've tried. They look real and I haven't had a problem with the design wearing off. Maybe it's the glue, but usually I lose a nail a day with other brands (I'm VERY hard on my nails because of work) and these will last a week before any pop off. They come with a bottle of glue as well as a manicure stick and a nail buffer to get the strongest bond. So these alone are almost worth the cost of the whole sample bag!

From Simple Soaps I got a hotel sized bar of Vanilla Almond Butter soap. 
These are all natural handmade soaps, roughly 1/2 oz in size. I'll have to use it first, but I was excited to see that they have sample packs available on their site which would make awesome gift bag items, as well as being a great way to try out the different scents. or stock the bathroom for guests. It smells great- I wanna eat it! Theoretically I could, since the ingredients are olive oil, coconut oil, and palm oil with vanilla and almond butter. 

 I've reviewed
  Purus Cosmetics Shaliner  previously so I knew I already loved them so I decided to pick up a new color. This time I received Pale Mint, which is a fab yellow-green swirled with pearl shimmer. Creamy, super long lasting and CRAZY alien sparkly!  Know the coolest thing? They will make custom colors! Per their site:
Ever wanted your own custom color? Or love a discontinued color from another company? We can make it!

Lipstick
Matte, Shimmer, Combo
Moisturizing, Creamy, Long Lasting (approx. 6 hours), Combo
Packaging: silver lipstick tube

Blush
Matte, Shimmer, Combo
Powder, Powder to Cream
Packaging: 20 gram jar with sifter

Shaliner
Semi-matte, shimmer, frosty, combo
Signature powder to cream texture
Packaging: 5 gram jar with sifter

Lip Balm
Clear, shimmer, matte, combo
Moisturizing, Creamy, Combo
Packaging: White or Yellow Twist Up Tube


From Country Heart I received a 2ml jar of Cherry Lemonade lip balm. They too offer sampler packs on their site, and after using this balm I'm definitely on it! The cherry lemonade smells amazing and again, I love that it's all natural and won't poison me when I wind up eating half of it. It contains beeswax, shea butter, olive oil, vitamin E oil, food grade flavor oils and sweetener. I can actually smell it when it's on my lips and it makes my lips smooth and moist. It's a true balm, not sticky or waxy. Love it!

Lastly, I picked another item I've gotten previously, a full size bottle of Beauty So Clean makeup sanitizer and 3 of their sanitizer wipes. The sanitizer mist retails for $12.50, so again a great deal. You can order it at  www.beautysoclean.com 
It safely removes bacteria without affecting the look of the makeup itself and makes me feel loads better about letting others use my cosmetics. I carry the spray with me when I go cosmetics shopping so I can try out the samplers without getting someone else's funk on me. I'm paranoid about germs so this stuff gives peace of mind, fer sure. 

No comments: