Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Me And Korres Sitting In A Tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G.........

I've previously shared my heart throbbing for Korres products, but one that I honestly will never ever ever, Scarlett O'Hara "As God is my witness" style, ever be without is Korres Pomegranate Cleansing & Make Up Removing Wipes. 
  These things are seriously one of the most miraculous products of all time. They are worth every penny and I will never feel guilty for buying them! Makeup, yeah, I can feel some pangs. ANOTHER new moisturizer when I have 486, yeah. These babies? NEVER! I have used seemingly every face cleansing wipe out there, and I have never seen one good enough to actually use on a daily basis. I would buy them for camping, but they have never seemed to get my face completely clean or come close to removing makeup. These bad boys will remove all of my makeup, including mascara and leave the skin feeling baby booty soft. I do try to use regular face wash, but I keep these by my bed so that if I'm too exhausted to properly wash my face, I can still properly wash my face! I love these for when I'm watching a movie with the husband and I can tell that I very may well fall asleep halfway htrough and want to make sure my face is clean before I do. Seriously, they are AWESOME. 
The Party Line:

Properties

  • Pomegranate make up removing wipes, that gently yet effectively remove make-up, cleanse and tone the skin leaving it refreshed
    • Oil free formula that provides effective cleansing with no greasy residue
    • Pomegranate extract ,rich in tannins and polyphenols, diminishes pore size and neutralizes free radical damage
    • Vitamin E, a potent anti-oxidant, defends skin against free radical damage while also providing moisture  
On a side note:
I have decided that Bath & Body Work's White Tea & Ginger Anti-Bacterial Gel  is the best scent for covering up the smell of things that are making you close to barfing. I promise not to go into details unless you know me personally and have to be regaled with my workplace horror stories. 

 Another thing I have decided:
I really do truly hate square blush brushes. QUIT IT! I do not like to struggle to avoid Nagel painting face stripes! I am not in a Duran Duran video!

However there are some things I do like, such as:
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting lipstick in Pink Parfait. So so so so hydrating and so so so so PINK! My lips look like cute little baby piggies! Okay, so that might be an odd analogy. The pink is such a happy girly pink that it makes the purple and pink on my shirt just sing!









To avoid pinky overload, I balanced out both my outfit and my makeup with some basic black to allow the girliness to really pop. While I normally think of Clinique mascaras as on a bit of the skeebly side ( not as in bad quality, but just not mega plumping), but this one was really surprising. Clinique High Impact mascara really is what they claim.
You get thick lashes with a nice curl, no clumps, and excellent color. With normal wear it doesn't smudge but caveat emptor: it is definitely not waterproof. I had an eye watering moment today and had to do some touching up to rid myself of (minor) raccoon-ness. And it's comparable in price to a drugstore brand!









Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus is a self sharpening eyeliner that really does give a perfect point, excellent for getting under the lower lashes. I admired that during said eye watering, it didn't run. Good job! 
The one negative is that the smudge sponge on the end, while appreciated, is fairly useless. Use your own unless you want it to pull your skin and kinda poke ya. OUCH.











Estee Lauder Silky Shaow Duo in Black Moon 
is fabulous! This isn't actually a black, it's a silvery grey that can be made even more silvery with the shimmery white layered in all the right places. It gives depth without making your eyes themselves disappear and you can add a glittered liner or colored mascara for nighttime pizzazz. I love love love how truly silky these really are, it's not just a name. I get genuine tactile pleasure out of putting some on my fingers and rubbing them together. Boy, I just get weirder and weirder today, don't I? 
 The link above is to an online retailer that has it at a 30% discount right now, too!

And to continue with my Bath & Body Works perfumania, today I am wearing a layering of their Twilight Woods.
  Of course the shower gel is super rich and lathery and only takes a tidge on a scrubby, and of course the body cream is rich and luxurious and creamy and quenching. It's Bath & Body Works. But the eau de toilette is the real surprise here. INCREDIBLE staying power and it doesn't get all odd smelling as it progresses through the day. If it smells good on you when you first put it on, it'll still smell good on you hours and hours later. Don't you hate it when a scent smells great at first, but has lower notes that are completely off-kilter from the top note so that halfway through the day you want to scrub yourself? I love how plummy and rich this scent is. I feel like a torte. Another one of those smells that makes me want to chew on my own flesh!
They say:

Bath & Body Works® Signature Collection
Eau de Toilette
Twilight Woods
Master perfumers have blended apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress to create this hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.

  • Indulge your senses with our exclusive Twilight Woods, a hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.
  • Fragrance Top Notes: Juicy Berry, Sparkling Mandarin, hint of Coconut
  • Fragrance Mid Notes: Creamy Frangipani, Soft Mimosa, Wet Honeysuckle, Wild Freesia, Apricot Nectar
  • Fragrance Base Notes: Oud Wood, Skin Musk Captive, Vanilla Milk, Warm Woods
 

No comments: