Saturday, March 13, 2010

#1 With A Bullet

Actually, no bullets, but I did get my first lesson in guns and gun safety yesterday. And since I knew I'd be out in the sun, I made sure to protect my skin with layers of moisturizer and foundation with high SPF. Take care of your skin!

To keep the high spf moisturizer from making my foundation slide off, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is now available in an OIL FREE formula, making it more effective in my opinion. I think the biggest mistake most people make with foundation primers is in putting on way to much, making it pill up on the skin and actually having the exact opposite of it's intended effect.I only use the tiniest bit, about the size of a pea, and apply it with the tips of my fingers. not only does this make it last forever, but it creates a smoother canvas on which to apply your war paint.
The normal price is $36.00, but while they still have it, you can get it at $24.95 HERE for a discount of $12.00. Sweet!





For daytime activities, I would not be caught dead without a foundation that spf in it. Theoretically all foundations used during daylight hours should have built in protection, but particularly if you know you're going to be outside. Here's what Smashbox has to say about the one I'm using:
Smashbox introduces CAMERA READY FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION WITH UVA/UVB SPF 15 - a lightweight yet buildable cream to powder full coverage foundation that’s good for your skin. This luxurious, creamy formula glides on effortlessly leaving a semi-matte finish without being cakey or heavy. With cutting-edge skin smoothing ingredients, powerful antioxidants like vitamin C and Quercetin, and a mineral UV blocker that provides non-chemical SPF 15 sun protection, this foundation leaves skin looking naturally flawless. The innovative mirrored compact holds a custom foundation brush designed for seamless application at home or on-the-go.

Yeah, what they said. I could try to elaborate on that, but i think they covered it! What I WILL make a point of mentioning is that the normal retail on this stuff is $38.00, but again, I have found an awesome deal HERE where it's only $21.50  for a savings of $16.50! So while I'm sharing steals and deals here, I am SO feeling the Stila Convertible Eye Color dual shadow and liner in Teak. It's normally $22, but this Amazon seller has them in varied colors for $17.00, a $5.00 savings. Now mine I got an even better deal on through Brigette's, but they're sold out and their deals are of the "once it's gone, it's gone" variety. I adore these desert island pencils! On one side you have a self sharpening twist up creamy liner. These are long wearing with precise application. Flip it over and there's a shadow pencil in a matching shade! Then there's a 3rd cap that when removed, gives you the most divinely soft and cushiony blending sponge it has ever been my honor to schmear across my eyes. Oh Stila! I give you kisses for making it so easy to have gorgeous eyes! The teak color will really give blue eyed gals a *pop*.

I was under the impression that I'd heard of almost every cosmetic company under the sun, but I now realize that that is not just self aggrandizement but sheer folly as well. I had never heard of Alison Raffaele's Skin line. The volumizing soft gloss is grrrrrreeeeat! It really IS volumizing. Normally my top lip looks considerably thinner next to my poofy lower lip, but when I wear this they look equally plump. There's not the slightest hint of stickiness or tackiness and it goes on like a dream. Long wearing, so there's no need for constant reapplication and a luscious hint of color for a sexy pout. Yeah, I'd definitely have to say luscious is the word of the day for this stuff. makeupalley reviewers rated it a 5 out of 5! It has a creamy vanilla scent to it that makes it seem even more decadent. Put it on over Philosophy's big mouth lip primer and you'll look like a sex goddess. (I reviewed this product in a previous entry).  














A lot of perfumes seem like too much for a beautiful sunny spring day, but Stila mandarin mist actually smells like what a sunny spring day feels like. Though it is a light citrus floral, it still manages to feel refined as opposed to overly girly. It is a super light scent, but though it dies down fairly quickly it still lingers in a subtle and seductive way. 

Now lest it seem I've forgotten my indie faves, I am today feeling my Overall Beauty minerals in Pink Pearl. Despite the use of the word pearl, this is actually a matte shade as opposed to a shimmer. Now I do love my sparklys, but I quite like that this is a matte mineral. It fits in with that springy saturday perfectly, and  blended in with the Stila pencil makes my eyes look like a million bucks! Subtle and sophisticated with great pigment and little to no fallout. I've been concerned with the skin on my eyes lately, and I'm more and more liking the mineral action for it's natural spf protection. www.overallbeauty.com The coolest thing about these guys is that if you want to test out a color before buying the full size, you can buy ANY of their minerals in a generous sample size for $1.50. Because their minerals have no fillers, you need very little for it to go a long way, so the sample jars are a great way to play around with colors to pick your fave! 
 

No comments: