Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So Kiss Me

The first thing before glopping some gloop on your kisser is to make sure your lips don't have scraggly flakes and peels to make you look like you have leprosy of the mouth. For that purpose, I love using Laura Geller Lip Strip Cooling Sugar Scrub, which is a sweet and cooling lip scrub that removes dead and chapped skin while also being soothing and hydrating. It tastes great, is quick and easy to use, and a little goes a long way. I have a this one jar that I've been using for months and I can tell I'll be able to get many many months more out of it. 


I've got some sadness going on. I have discovered that Estee Lauder's Pure Crystal Color gloss has been discontinued. Bite me, Estee! I love the shade called Burgundy 115 for it's gorgeous orangey brown that is quite pigmented for a gloss, stays on, and has a nice light sparkle to it. You can still find it in a few places online, and there's a lot of Ebay sellers that still have new tubes of it, so I guess it's still available, just that when it's gone, it's gone. Poo. 
I did find THIS WEBSITE   
that has it for $6.00, which is actually pretty darn cheap in light of it's original $20 price tag....

Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Honey Shine  is a great peachy nude that with a nude lipliner gives a sortof glossy modern Bardot look. Alone it is more useful as a gloss and you definitely want to play it up with some smoky eyes so you don't look washed out (though I would think on someone with dark skin this would look gorgeous all by itself.) With the smoky eye and the lipliner, some pulled back or up hair- well you're smokin'! I was surprised to discover that at least this particular line of Wet N Wild gets good grades for health and enviromental impact according to goodguide.com . It's your good 'ol drugstore fall back, but can't be beat for the price. 

So while I'm sending folks on wild goose chases, I also love the discontinued Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Innocence. It's a Barbie pink that gives you a lovely Kewpie doll mouth with more pigment than your average gloss, but not so much that the baby pink looks garish. This is another one of those that with some subtle liner gives the 'Bardot Effect'. Looks particularly good with dark purple clothing and some smudgy purple eyes and it has enough of a cool blue undertone to make the teeth look whiter. Gosh darn it Estee! What do we have to do to keep up? As is the case with most discontinued shades, you can generally find a plethora of them on Ebay for the time being. If pinks are your bag- search this one out!

 So how's about I quit presenting frustratingly difficult to locate items and round this out with two of my lovely loves that are abundantly available? (Heck, if you wanna take advantage of that free Skincare Rx Cache, they carry the Korres line so you could use these to get to the $100 mark!) Yep. Guess what? I STILL love Korres. All natural, well made, incredibly astounding products. 

The Wild Rose Lip Butter gives lips a dee-lovely beestung pout and tint and makes people want to smack you! Not ow, pow smack but pucker up and smoochie smack ;-) It comes in a tub a bit larger than a Carmex tub, and will last you for eons. It melts right into the skin and provides long lasting moisture- great for chapped lips and a heck of a lot sexier than Carmex! Just don't loan it to your man unless he's into that sort of thing, cause it's quite tinted and leaves a rosy stain on the lips. $10 MAY SEEM LIKE A LOT FOR A BALM, BUT SERIOUSLY, THIS WILL LAST YOU EONS.













I also love me some Korres High Shine Cherry Lipgloss. It's got good pigment and is super duper glossy. It doesn't feel gunky, which is pretty unusual for something this high shine, and it smells like cherry candy! Seriously, I actually like to pull the applicator out of the tube just to sniff it. It reminds me of a cherry Jolly Rancher. Bonne Bell eat your heart out.

No comments: