Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Disappointments Of The Day

In a perfect world all purchases would be divine. In a real world, a bunch of them suck. 



I really really wanted to like the manga themed Eyeko 3 in 1 Cream. It supposedly is a moisturizer, highlighter and eye cream in one. The packaging is adorable and something this versatile could potentially rock. Sigh. I gave it a shot, I really did. I used the regular and the tinted cream and neither one is going to become a part of my beauty routine anytime soon. As a moisturizer, well how about let's try DEmoisturizer. It dried out my skin so badly that it felt itchy. As a highlighter it fared slightly better, but still in the mediocre category. And an eye cream? Remember that non-moisturizing thing? It made my shadow look washed out too. The tinted cream, which supposedly gives a "healthy glow" made my face look dirty and why would I put brown cream under and around my eyes like an eye cream? Yeah, that model has a healthy glow. She appears to be 12. I glowed too when I had only been menstruating for a month. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but this one gets the buzzer. 




2 perfumes caused me deep disappointment, not because of their scent but because of their (lack of) staying power. 
Okay, so this smells wonderful. "This is the newest version of armani code, sheer's reworked juice features orange blossom, cyclamen, jasmine, lily of the valley and honey." Oh the delight I felt when I first spritzed it on! Oh the sadness when an hour later I couldn't smell ANYTHING at all, even when putting my pulse points directly up to my nose. I thought maybe I'd just gotten used to it so I asked Mister what he thought of it. "I don't smell anything. Oh, wait, is that your shampoo? I think I'm smelling your shampoo. Yep. That's it." So he could smell my shampoo from 12 hours prior better than the perfume I'd been wearing for little over an hour. For $67.00 that's just a little TOO sheer. 

Beckham Signature For Women
This is a fruity floral that has a feminine sweetness without being too cloying that I liked. While it does have a tidge of the drugstore about it, I still liked the idea of it for everyday use, despite my irritation with the Beckham's for their ubiquitous presence.
" It opens with notes of anise and candy apple, the heart encompasses orchid, heliotrope and vanilla, while the base notes contain patchouli, amber and musk."
Not to be. you could have knocked me over with a feather that something that came in like such a lion would go out like a meek little lamb. It too suffered from the Gone in 60 Minutes syndrome. I guess for the price I could carry it around with me all day and reapply every hour and a half, or I could buy Harakaju Lovers Angel and put it on once and have it last all day AND smell more expensive to boot. (Though I got my bottle at ROSS of all places for SIXTEEN DOLLARS! Angel, that is)

My last sob story today is something that is no fault whatsoever of the product, it's that I'm an easily excited doof and don't pay attention sometimes to things I should.

 
is a new obsession for me. That have psychotically freaky cheap big name brands. From what I've ascertained, it's shelf wear items, remainders or discontinued products. SOOOOO, when I saw that they had Smashbox Function 5 Self Adjusting Powder Foundation  for 
$12.95
instead of it's usual $36.00, I ordered first and asked questions later. Oops! Got the wrong color for my skin! suck SUCK SUCK! Not their fault, not the product's fault- mine all mine..... I can tell it's super duper, but it's just too dark for my albino skin. Crud. now that's  disappointment. 

No comments: