Thursday, February 23, 2012

Foodzie Bacon & Bourbon Box


Foodzie is my FAVORITE new subscription service! Okay, it's not a beauty service, but I find that wonderful artisanal foods nourish the soul and spirit, and what better way to feel and look beautiful than to indulge in flavorful foods? I'm a huge fan of small batch food companies- I trust them a lot more than something that has 80 unpronounceable chemicals and a the shelf life of a Twinkie. Lucky me, my first box was the Bacon & Bourbon themed box. It was so awesome that I got a second one so I could share with my husband without violence ensuing! (Yeah- I guarantee he would have lost a finger if he'd tried to take my Raleigh Bars away!) Oh, and the paprika makes the most mouth watering deviled eggs EVER.



This Bacon and Bourbon Box contains five delicious treats:  Bourbon Cocktail cups from Lillie Belle’s

, a Jar of Bacon Jam from Skillet Street Food

, 2 Bacon Raleigh Bars from Xocolatl de David

, a jar of Bourbon Smoked Paprika from Bourbon Barrel Foods

, and a package of Bacon Peanut Brittles from The Redhead.



From the enclosed item description card
We’ve learned by now that the salty tang of bacon doesn’t pair with everything, but it’s irresistible when paired with peanuts and chocolate.  Bourbon provides a smoky complexity that takes meats and even chocolate to a whole new depth of flavor.  We’ve sourced five of the best Bourbon and bacon products in the country for you to taste.  Each has it’s own special take on at least one of these two memorable ingredients.  You’ll especially enjoy the Bourbon Smoked Paprika, smoked with the wood from old Bourbon barrels, which lends both sweetness and spice to an already memorable spice.  Our canister is sitting right on the Lazy Susan by our stove, ready to be sprinkled on a fried egg.  We loved the idea of taking these two favorite ingredients and putting them into one box.  Enjoy!


And then I died of happiness. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the bacon and bourbon fund. 

3 comments:

Spankyluvsvintage said...

omg! I think I died and went to bacon heaven reading this :=) Smokin sizzlin...I am now a Foodzie Fan!

The Rainbow Zebra said...

I wondered how that was! I too am a Happy Foodzienne :)

I just can't get past the idea of chocolate and bacon....I once got some for my husband but never got up the guts to try it LOL And that's saying alot!

OH But I did get the bacon brittle (not really like peanut brittle but TASTY). They had a 6 bag special. NOM NOM NOM.

Foodzie is one of the best sub boxes EVAH!

The Beauty Pirate said...

Chocolate and bacon are BIZARRELY good together! At this event we go to every year, there's a camp who used to set up by us and every morning they would give out bacon and chocolate cake. I was horrified at first until I tried it! I love trying new foods so Foodzie has been a godsend. They had me at hello with that first box!