Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Here, pretty pretty!

So, another day of what I have actually slopped on in the last 24 hours. I have been going through an absolutely INSANE amount of stress, and so my skin has broken out a tidge. Nothing major, but I never was a zitty kid, so these things tweak me out. When this happens, I put Arcona Night Breeze Restore/Protect PM on before I go to bed. It has a type of pure oxygen that kills the bacteria that causes blemishes, antioxidants to help new cells form, and allantoin to soothe the skin. And 1-2 pumps is enough, and you only use it once or twice a week so it lasts FOREVER! In the morning my skin is restored and I'm back to gorgeous. Seriously, I had the beginning of a small pimple yesterday and when I woke up it was gone, with none of the harsh chemicals that other things soak into your poor skin. it doesn't burn, in fact it feels quite soothing.Totally recommended for those with problem skin that's also sensitive.
  • Arcona is a holistic skin care line without any fillers, chemical stabilizers or petro-chemicals
  • Contains Fumaric Acid, a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger
  • Apply this product at night and awaken with clarified, brightened skin
  • Effective for decongesting pores                   











This morning, I was in a bit of a hurry, so I used the Wal Mart brand face cleansing cloths that someone left in my camp when I went camping. Didn't want 'em to go to waste, but these things SUCK.  They come dry, so you have to wet them to even use them (thus negating the saving of precious water resources when camping in Texas heat) and then they lather SOOOOO much that you then have to use a plain cloth to rinse your face! Completely useless! Plus they leave your skin feeling tight and dried out and with a weird residue that I had to use a toner to get rid of. I don't care HOW poor you are- don't waste your money. No rinsing necessary my heinie.

Grrrrrrrr.

Luckily I have Grateful Body Restorative Sea Cell Serum to put things back in balance. This miracle in a jar was introduced to my by the All Natural Beauty Mall (who by the way are selling an AMAZING sampler right now that I'll tell you about in a seperate post, but you can check it out on your own through the link. Tell her The Beauty Pirate sent ya!) and I loved it so much that I bought a bottle for my mom. Right now, Grateful Body has a bunch of stuff on sale, so now is a great time to check them out. This is THE hands down perfect summer serum, since it's light and absorbs directly into the skin, providing a perfect base for your other skincare products. It leaves you feeling nourished and whole, and the herby scent is soothing. They actually have a feature where you can design your own skincare products to be custom made to fit your specific needs! HOW AWESOME IS THAT? 
Check out this info from their site:
Genuine Benefits
Because of the unique chemical composition of oceanic saltwater, sea plants that grow in this environment are filled with unique and essential micro-nutrients not commonly found on land.  As further evidence of the interconnectedness of all life, it is interesting to note that salt water from the sea and the human blood plasma are biologically similar - so it is not hard to appreciate the healing benefit of sea plants for the human body.  Skin, especially, is strengthened by this relationship.  Sea Cell Serum is the magic ocean potion for the skin, for no matter your skin type or age, you can experience the beautifying benefits provided by marine nourishment.

Three of the many beneficial ingredients are . . .

Sea Weed Extract - our exclusive, pristine blend of eight powerful, complexion-renewing plants of the ocean.

Rosehip Seed - The beautiful, wildcrafted rosehip grown high in the Andes Mountains produces a deep-red, cold-pressed oil that has a nutritional profile fit for a queen.  How do I love thee rosehip?  Let me count the ways...  You help regenerate my skin, reduce scars, prevent the advancement of wrinkles, assist cell regeneration, promote collagen/elastin levels, help retain my natural tone and color.  The royal decree?  I grant thee firmer, smoother, more youthful skin with greater elasticity and pardon thee from excess exposure to ye olde sun.

Yerba Mansa - Found in boggy marshes along the rivers of the southwest, the fresh root is wonderful to nourish 'mature' skin tissues.  Rounding out the Sea Cell Serum formula, this anti-inflammatory herb promotes circulation and has a gentle astringent action.  With its distinct fresh scent, yerba mansa is the Rio Grande's gift to firm, bright skin.

And check out the all natural ingredients!
Ingredients are 100% Natural & Synthetic-free:

• organic barley grass tea (Hordeum vulgare)
• seaweed extract of:
    bladderwrack  (Fucus vesiculosus)
    dulse  (Palmaria palmata)
    nori  (Porphyra umbilicalis)
    kombu  (Laminaria digitata)
    kelp  (Ascophyllum nodosum)
    wakame  (Alaria esculenta)
    sea lettuce  (Ulva lactuca)
• organic aloe vera leaf juice (Aloe barbadensis)
• organic sesame oil (Sesamum indicum)
• organic extra virgin olive oil (Olea europaea)
• organic tincture of:
    rosehip  (Rosa canina)
    red clover  (Trifolium pratense)
    chickweed  (Stellaria media)
    dandelion root  (Taraxacum officinale)
    nettle leaf  (Urtica dioica)
• organic extract of:
    parsley  (Petroselinum crispum)
    kale  (Brassica oleracea)
    yerba mansa  (Anemopsis californica)
• organic soy lecithin (Lecithin)
• organic essential oil blend of:
    rosemary  (Rosmarinus officinalis)
    guaiacwood  (Bulnesia sarmienti)
    hops  (Humulus lupulus)
    lavender  (Lavandula angustifolia)
• honeysuckle flower CO2 (Lonicera japonica)
• organic marigold / turmeric blend
• organic olive leaf preservative
• natural vitamin E (non-GMO) (Tocopherol)
• organic rice bran (Oryza sativa)
• vegetable glycerin (Glycerin)
• organic guar gum (Cyamopsis tetragonolobus)
• organic arabic gum (Acacia senegal/seyal)
• rosemary leaf extract (Rosmarinus officinalis)

WOW!This stuff is powerful. 

So today after using my MD Skincare tinted moisturizer, I pulled out one of my handy dandy Lancome palettes. This one is a Color Design Sensational Effects EyeShadow palette with Filigree (shimmer) Impress (metallic) Designer (metallic) and Statuesque (Intense) 
I used Impress as a wet liner under my eyes then covered the bottom lid with Statuesque. I then blended Designer across the browbone and touched the Filigree shimmer into my tear duct area and blended into Designer. With the right blending, this turns into a greenish gold, opalescent shimmer.

I also love the blush in this compact, their Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose. It's a very light color that creates the slightest hint of a flush, as if your colors are naturally rosy and not made up. 
 You can find this palette all over Ebay in the $10.00 range. just do a search listing those specific colors together. It's TOTALLY worth it. 

Did you know that Maybelline has a mineral finishing veil? Caveat emptor- the jar it's in cracks like nobody's business. I dropped mine once and it literally split in half. I have it in transluscent, and it to has pretty good staying power for a drugstore brand, but it seems to rub off of my t-zone pretty quickly, requiring a lot of touch ups. I've used worse that were way more expensive, and if you're in a pinch and need something from the drug or grocery store, this is a fine choice, and it comes with a baby buki brush!
















On my lips today, to complement the greenish gold of my shadow is Mary Kay's  oddly named Mauve Elegance. This is really more of a sexy, pouty pink that draws a lot of attention. You definitely want to use a lip liner with this to get that perfect cupid bow pout. It's not garish, just not shy, either. Something about this color has gotten me hit on by two of my students today!  This stuff is INSANELY long lasting, and only needs touchups after eating, and even then you still have a bit of color on your lips. Don't wear this if you're having an affair or being followed by the show Cheaters!  Another discontinued item that you can still find brand new all over the internet for cheapers. 

 So to go with my pink lips, I had to pull out a pink bottle of perfume- Versace Bright Crystal. Mama Mia. When I wear this, heads turn. Men, women, babies, small animals..... No one can seem to resist this stuff. I have a co-worker who LOVES it when I wear this, she says I smell like a very wealthy and dignified movie star.  YOWZA!  It's a floral, but with fruit and musk to keep it from being cloying.  SEXAY!
 













AND FINALLY_ I started doing my nails. i've been using Qtica Natural nail Growth Stimulator which works wonders. It truly does seem to be strengthening my nails. You use it as a base coat then reapply it every few days. They claim up to a 1/4 inch nail growth in just 14 days. So far, so good!














And the color I've put over it? Zoya's Trixie. Trixie is such a shiny silver that the husband said it looked like I'd used chrome touch up paint on my nails! I've had problems with Zoya polishes not lasting as long as some others, but their metallics and glittery ones hang on with the best of 'em. This stuff sticks! For a real attention grabber, you can't go wrong with this one- you'll get tons of compliments, trust me. 

No comments: