Monday, April 19, 2010

SBS TEAS ARE TEA-RIFIC!

I've talked about SBS Teas before, after receiving samples in Gabbriella's Closet Sampler. I used my samples and found them so delightful that I HAD to order from them! I realize that tea may not seem like a beauty product, but well blended teas ARE a beauty product as they nourish your body and spirit. Also, I like to take my tea leaves after brewing my tea and finding uses for them as everything from a facial treatment to plant fertilizer.

As I type, I am drinking a mug of their decaf orange pekoe, which has a sweet marshmallow-ey smell and flavor undertone. Num!



I was initially astounded simply by their great prices, and then I was astounded by the quality of their offerings. If you have any interest in drinking well thought out tea blends put together by a woman run company then go to their site!

http://www.sbsteas.com/

Oh! I just saw that everyone who orders from them is entered to win a $25.00 gift certificate!

If you order from their site and enter the code gabfeb you'll receive a 15% discount off of their already ridiculously low prices! I just received my order, they have a tea grab bag that's less than $8.00 with an assortment so you can try out lots of different flavors! They also included a ton of free samples since they're celebrating their 3rd anniversary, so now is a great time to try them. They not only carry teas, but also accessories and coffees!

Don't take my word for it, here's a guest review from my co-worker Laure! (She's quite the tea afficianado and had expressed an interest in trying out the one I was drinking at work the other day, a gingerbread  cream. She did it right and took it home and drank it in the bath while savoring it like a fine wine.)

"thanks for the opportunity to taste the tea....here are my impressions:
not much aroma but full, great depth, as you said - complex, with round, almost apple-cheeked flavor. Enjoyed the in-mouth expansion...remember "pop rocks"? It felt like that explosion as the flavors poofed in my mouth. The aftertaste was surprising with breath intake freshness as if a mint had been chewed but not a mint flavor, just the sensation of tingling, clean coolness. There was no woody, dry taste that often comes with commercial teas. I imagine this would be very good as an iced tea, too."

No comments: