Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh Monday, Monday

Beauty Addicts RelationLips lip Palette in Seduce is 4 pans of lovely gloss. They're called Shimmer, Sheer, Shine and Satin and you have colors ranging from a pretty tinted berry to a mod glossy silver/white.

They can be mixed to create different looks and have pretty good staying power. Infused with shea butter, aloe vera, and vitamin E for a healthy pout, and the compact has a great little mirror. My one complaint is that the 2 most pigmented colors also tend to bleed if you don't use a neutral lip pencil first.








Well Estee Lauder High Gloss is super boofoo. It's so sparkly and shiny, like a combination of plastic and glitter. Normally glosses this pale need something underneath them for them to have any oomph, but this stuff is so shiny it speaks for itself. I love that it doesn't feel gummy or heavy, which most glosses this, well, glossy tend to do.



The fig scent is yummy yummy yummy (it went through the husband test of "hey, baby! Smell my mouth!" "oooh, smells yummy!" Oh, the things I put that man through....)  I like the Rose color because it's this combination of earth toned and pink that makes it versatile enough to wear with multiple colors. Normally when I think rose I think pinker than this, but I like that this isn't such a Barbie pink. About the only colors it doesn't wear well with are the red/orange/yellow family.






Something I'm really excited about right now is the Kokokahn Coconut Body Balm. 
I just received this the other day and it's truly astounding.

From their website:
 
"Coconut Body Balm
Nourish & Heal
Nourish and heal hands, cuticles, elbows, feet, knees or any other dry parts of your body. Or use as an all over hydrating & healing night mask or daily moisturizer. A decadent tropical coconut aroma especially good for after sun care, dry winter skin and sensitive skin.

All of the oils, butters and beewax used in our body balms are unrefined and in their natural state leaving all the wonderful health benefits Nature intended.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Certified Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Beeswax, Certified Organic Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter"
I LOVE this company!  I had just bought a new pair of sandals, cause it's getting to be about that time, and was horrified to see that my heels look like those nasty things hanging off of the back of some grody person's flip flops at Wal Mart. Being on my feet all day wreaks havoc on my tootsies but one swipe of this balm and they looked like someone else's feet. Seriously, I was amazed at the enormous difference this stuff made with just one application. You'd have thought I'd just paid some pedicurist tons of money to shave my feet or something. Seriously wonderful stuff! 

No comments: