Sunday, April 4, 2010

Recently Slapped On my Mug.....

I was introduced to Sponge Krema Mattia Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream through a Barney's sampler, and I gotta say, it rawks. It's really cooling and refreshing, and great for putting on your eyes 'the morning after' to perk up your eyes and take away the tired. It's 100% chemical free with all natural ingredients, including olive oil, olive leaf, and vitamin infused grapeseed liposomes. It reduces puffiness and dark circles as well. It has these nifty little spheres in it that absorb into the skin and all in all I gotta give it the thumbs up! (I love the smell, too!)


I've also recently tried out DDF's Mesojection Healthy Cell Serum. I have yet to be disappointed in any DDF products. After application of this serum, the skin immediately feels smoother and on me, my redness is greatly reduced. They say it reduces free-radical damage by 24%, which I believe based on how my skin ate this stuff up. I like that the company was formed by actual dermatologists, so it's not just some big company throwing some ingredients together to make a buck. It's obvious that a lot of knowledge and research goes into all of their products.





Mesojection™ Healthy Cell Serum is a non-invasive topical treatment inspired by Mesotherapy, an anti-aging injection therapy sweeping Europe.  The proprietary DDF formulation is rich with antioxidants, to reduce free-radical damage to the skin’s critical moisture barrier by 24%.  The formula also contains potent peptides and amino acids to immediately rejuvenate skin’s luminosity while smoothing skin’s texture.  The innovative Virtual Patch technology helps the anti-aging formula penetrate 14 layers deep into the skin’s surface, and seals in the vital ingredients for hours to ensure longer lasting effects.  The result is younger skin tone, texture, and a renewed vitality. A lightweight serum ideal for all skin concerns. 

Strivectin Neck Cream is a tightening and skin conditioning cream that visibly firms and tightens the neck area and your decolletage. 

The problem I have with it is, well, the weirdness of their attempt to gain your attention with their packaging. On the front of the box in enormous letters it says
" Got Turkey Neck?" Good Lord, that's rude!  I realize that they're simply trying to grab your attention, but it smacks a little too much of 'teenager acting out  so Daddy will notice her' to me. Yeah, I noticed it, but not for the right reasons. I received this in a sampler which is the only reason I tried it out- I would have never actually bought this as the turkey neck thing really turned me off. Why would such a pricey prestige brand stoop to such depths? 

But I digress.


I don't have a turkey neck, but I also do not want one either. After about a month of using this in lieu of my face moisturizer for my neck, I have to report that the skin on my neck does feel tighter, softer too. Where I'm really happy though is with my decolletage. I am seeing a definite improvement in the firmness and appearance of the skin, and my stretch marks are rapidly diminishing. I am of the, shall we say, busty variety, so to use this as a bust cream for me is really putting this stuff to the test!  

Their website says they have a 30 day money back guarantee, so they themselves are pretty confident in their product. I have read mixed reviews- some see it as the second coming while others see it as overpriced. I can say that it is super concentrated. A 7ml jar has lasted me a month and I've only used roughly half of it. Granted I am not applying twice daily like I'm supposed to as in the mornings I'm lucky if I remember to put on pants.  

BeFine Ginger and Willow Bark  Firming Toner is great. I can see myself going crazy with this stuff in the summer when my face feels all greasy and out of sorts from the Texas heat and humidity.
And at that price? How can you NOT try it? It's really refreshing and is a great step before applying makeup, as it really closes up the pores and makes skin firm and fresh. I would probably not use it in the winter when my skin dries up from all of the artificial heat, but again I'd say it's the perfect summer toner. It's so refreshing to see something be both this effective and this low cost.









Peter Thomas Roth Oil-Free Moisturizer is another thing I'll be using for the summer. This is a unique gel/lotion so at first I kept using too much and feeling like my skin was kind of sticky until it dried. I'm used to using a lot more with fluffy creams, but this you only need a dab. 
I can already tell that this is going to revolutionize my summer face when used with the BeFine Toner. Again, not a product I'd recommend for those with really dry skin, but if you're like me and have skin that is changeable with it's enviroment or just have plain old oily skin, this'll be great. I so look forward to not having my entire face slide into my lap by the end of the day! YAY! 








  Glytone Protect Sunscreen is the bee's knees. 
It does have a little of that 'sunscreen' smell, but it fades extremely quickly.  It's light enough to be used on the face in lieu of moisturizer, but where I really am liking it is as a lotion. I am such an albino that I actually carry parasols around just to go from the car to the store or what have you. I'm noticing though, that my left arm is about 10 times darker than every other part of my body from being in the car, and that freaks me out. When I say darker, I don't mean tan. I mean my freckles have so inundated every available skin surface that they create this weird optical illusion of a tan- like those tests for the color blind with all the dots to see if you can read the number inside the circle. I don't use this all over my body, I just apply it to my exposed skin over my normal lotion. It's a little extra protection without putting on thick gloppy pasty sunscreen that doesn't absorb into the skin and can leave funky streaks and funkier aroma. I'll be keeping this one in my glove box! 


No comments: