Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BUMPITS!

Bumpits (light brown works in my auburn hair)  
The first time I saw these advertised on tv, I was awestruck. Now I too could have That Girl hair! While I was ridiculed by both the husband and a friend of mine who's a hairdresser for purchasing these, I just HAD to know if they really worked. Well slap my face and call me Shirley. These things RAWK. I have baby fine hair that sits flat dab on me noggin, but these gave me incredible lift without 2 cans of hairspray and enough backcombing to make me bald when brushing it out. The teeny one doesn't really do much more than give the appearance of a little extra body, I could do without that one. The other 2 are great though. The biggest one gave me Brigitte Bardot hair! I felt so sexy that I gazed lovingly at myself in the mirror throughout the night.

Now with my fine hair, I did have to do a little extra work with the (included!) comb and some hairspray to completely cover the Bumpit. It takes some practice to get just right, the first few times I tried it, the comb fell out. The video I'm attaching only shows styles where they pull the hair back to hold it in place, but I found that it stayed in for hours with only occasional adjustment without having to do that. On YouTube there are instructional videos to help you perfect your technique. For $9.99, these are definitely worth it.

(Though admittedly, the commercial is a bit cheesy.....)







No comments: