Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Last Of The Belles

Sudacare Shower Soothers
They're not as pricey as that may seem, that's for something like a whole case of them. A box of them at your local drugstore is maybe five bucks and worth EVERY PENNY. They're effervescent tablets that you drop into the shower and dissolve as the water hits them, releasing a soothing, sinus clearing vapor. NOTE: shower not bathtub. They aren't just for when you have a cold, I keep them around for allergy attacks. I am WILDLY sensitive to pollution, and during the summer Dallas seems to have level orange and level red days constantly, thus sending me into the land of violent headaches and that disconcerting inability to breathe. These babies fix me right up and flush all the funk out of my head. If I'm feeling truly awful, I'll just plop right down on the shower floor and lean right into the tablet, inhaling like a mad woman. They also get rid of headaches and for those of you who partake of the occasional refreshing adult beverage, they will really help on the morning after. I try to always keep a box of these around, and come to think of it, I just used my last one a few days ago. Hmmmm. Maybe buying that case of them isn't such a bad idea.......

White Rain Classics Mousse
Extra Body For Flat/Fine/Thin Hair

Why is it a classic? Cause it works, baby! Yeah, it's a buck fiddy. No, it doesn't have the cache of a salon brand. Who cares? I LOVE this stuff! I have baby fine hair and I can always count on this to give me body without stiffness and to keep the flyaways at bay. The scent is almost nonexistent and disappears immediately, so you don't have to worry about it interfering with your perfume. If I put this into wet hair and then blow dry with my head upside down I get supermodel hair. it also adds great body when used with rollers. I don't use styling products on a daily basis, so maybe it isn't good for your hair's health- I honestly can't say. I haven't had a problem with it drying out my hair or causing breakage with about once a week use, though.


Target Brand Version Moisturizing Lotion comparable to Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Cool & Fresh
Up & Up Fresh And Cool Lotion With Aloe
 Another cheapie that does it's job admirably. 
This will run you about $3.50 at Target for a 31oz bottle. This is my go-to for camping.  It's light and non-greasy and really fast absorbing. It truly does have a cooling sensation. When we go camping, I always have to take a solar shower at sundown to wash off the grime, sunblock and sweat. Using this cools my skin off and seems to replenish my senses and is especially soothing on bug bites and scratches. It's not at all heavy, so I don't feel like I'm bogging down my skin or clogging my pores (I even use it as a face moisturizer) and because it's not a 'girly' scent, the husband uses it too. It's cheap enough and a big enough bottle that I can share it with my campmates, thus saving us precious packing space. It is NOT the lotion I would go to for severely dry skin though. It's not my winter choice at all, but for the summer it's fabu.


Lancome Exfoliant Fraichelle Invigorating Body Scrub
 This is sitting in my shower caddy as we speak. I will most likely be using it in about 45 minutes when I get home from work and am getting ready to go to the Dallas World Aquarium. 
"An invigorating, rich-foaming scrub that buffs away dull, dead surface cells. Enriched with a patented emollient and botanical extracts with magnesium, provitamin B5 and essential fatty acids. Awakens your body from head to toe. The result: smoother, softer, more supple body skin that's refreshed with an exhilarating fresh floral scent."
 
A 6.8 oz. tube will run you about $30.00 at most department stores, and to me it's worth it. A little goes a long way (I've been using the same tube for months with roughly once a week usage) and each time I use this I feel like a princess.  A very rich princess. 
 
It leaves your skin feeling like satin. I would not recommend using this at night as the scent is extremely invigorating, but in the morning it will definitely get your rear in gear! I recommend visiting a Lancome counter and smelling it first, it's got a very intense scent and it may be too overwhelming for some people. Personally, I enjoy the scent and use this when I want a light aroma without using perfume (You will NOT want to put on perfume after using this- the scent will linger on your skin.)

No comments: