Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Anniversarypalooza

 What did I wear to my fancy pants dinner at The Old Warsaw in Dallas, you ask? With my black dress with satin violet straps and sash I used......


Lancome Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in
Drape 
Camisole 
The New Black

As always, Lancome shadows are as dependable as a Volvo. I love how the new black is really rich but not so much that it makes your eyes disappear. Drape is VERY light, so you really want to save this for a highlighter. The depth of Camisole really brings out the violet shimmer in it though. These three go together like milk and cookies.


Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in Flawless is purely a clear polish. I actually bought it on accident, meaning to purchase a base/top coat, but I decided to keep it after I decided that it was nice to go color free sometimes without my nails being totally bare. It gives you that shiny buffed nails look, like you're a mobster. Despite their claims of it being chip free, I find it starting to chip within a few days. If this were a color I'd probably feel a bit letdown.


Stila Cherry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain
Oy, vey. This stuff is a mixed bag. While I know it's world renowned and everyone loves it, I find that it dries my lips out like nobody's business if I don't put a balm or gloss on over it. I adore the naturally rosy lips effect and the bee stung look you get, but I MUST put something on over it or I feel like I've got chalk on my mouth.

As far as cheeks go, you have to put it on a teeny tiny bit at a time because it dries almost instantly. I use this on purpose for that effect though for the occasional artsy china-doll-cheeks thing.


Sephora Glitter Lashes in Silver
Allright, I know the picture is of the gold, but I wore the silver. I love this applicator style, though I do think you get a bit ripped off on how much product you get- though in this case it's a moot point since Sephora sells these for only five bucks. I wore this as a liner on my top lid and with the black and purple eyes it looked FABULOUS! One problem- you have to keep your eyes closed until it dries, because it will get everywhere.  When I say everywhere, I also mean in your eyes where you will feel like you have demonic microscopic trolls doing a jig on your retinas. My eyes started watering so badly I was afraid I was going to have to start over. OUCH!
(As I have stated previously in regards to the gold- this doesn't work for crap on your lashes- stick to using it as a liner.)


Dior Addict 2 Eau de Toilette
Oh, baby! This is the cat's pajamas! I am so in love with this scent. It's perfect for a romantic evening and subtle enough to wear to dinner and not gag on the taste. It lasts a really good long time on me- when we were going to sleep that night the hubby commented on how I still smelled amazing hours after application. LOVE LOVE LOVE this.


Dior Addict 2
Dior Addict 2 begins with a sparkling, alluring burst of fresh femininity, like a sweet bubble of optimism and energy. Crisp, clean notes of bergamot, grapefruit, and orange mingle with fresh floral notes and ripe fruits, soothed with warm sandalwood and white musk - this is Dior's baby doll.
Notes:
Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, Freesia, Lily of the Valley, Lotus Flower, Pineapple, Watermelon, Grenadine, Sandalwood, White Musk.
Style:
Free-spirited. Feminine. Glamorous.

No comments: