Friday, July 20, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Lip balm edition

The Good:
Okay, yesterday I posted my may Eco Emi box, and the product that really stood out for me was this to die for lip balm. Here's what I said
"Full Size tube (.15 oz) Chocolat Lip Balm by Beeluxe. value = $3.00 http://www.beeluxe.com/  Each month I get a wow product though, and this month's WOW was the lip balm. I'm not kidding, this is THE BEST LIP BALM I'VE EVER USED IN MY LIFE. No exaggeration. It's smooth, creamy, tastes FABULOUS and literally melts right into your lips. I don't honestly know that I can describe the sensation, I've never been so blown away by a lip balm." 
Beeluxe Chocolat Chocolate Lip Balm Yeah. That. Seriously, if you use lip balm, do yourself a favor and get some of this. While it is chocolate flavored, it's not a kiddie chocolate. This is a grown up, sophisticated chocolate. Like the difference between a truffle from a high end chocolate boutique and one of those waxy hollow Palmer's Easter rabbits. 

The Bad:
I never thought I'd be putting a Korres product in this category. This makes me so very very sad. But Korres Shea Butter Lip Balm just did not do it for me. It's hard and waxy and just doesn't melt into the lips at all, I can feel it sitting in what I refer to as the "waxy lip balm tectonic plate" on my mouth. You can actually feel a ring on your mouth where it doesn't apply to the wet parts of your inner lip area. Phhhbbbbt. This sat on my desk unused for so long that I finally took that as a sign and just threw it away. Oh Korres, never in a million years did I imagine.....
The UGLY: And boo howdy, is it ugly! Anagallis herbs Lip Libations is disGUSTing. Okay, the thing that sucks is that the texture is faboo, it's everything I love in a lip balm. It's creamy, melts right in and really makes your lips slick and soft. So what's the problem, you ask? IT TASTES LIKE LICKING A BUTTHOLE.
Lip Libations
Whomever chose the herbs to go into it obviously didn't TASTE them first. Eucalyptus, calendula, comfrey, witch hazel and willow bark may all be excellent for your skin, but as a taste sensation? Hurl. I wanted confirmation on how nasty it was so I made The Husband try it out. He started making gagging noises and rubbed his mouth off on his shirt. Then he told me I was a mala mujer.

No comments: