Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Umba Box review

What's in an Umba Box? Fun handmade surprises every month!
Umba Box is a curated monthly service that sends you handcrafted and artisanal suprises. I've received 2 of them so far, and attached is a video review. I'll keep signed up for at least another few months so I can form a well rounded picture of the service, but these are my impressions so far.

My first package included a note card gift set from Poochie Prints that retails for $32.00.
Quite lovely and extremely classy, but not necessarily my cuppa. No problem- I still hadn't figured out what to get my stepmom for Christmas, and these were perfect. $26 is about what I would have spent anyway. She loved them, so win/win!
Interestingly, I just discovered that if you don't like what you receive that month, you can return it to Umba and they will credit your subscription by one month! Myself though, I like to keep a stockpile of giftable items on hand so I'm always prepared. I'm SUCH a Girl Scout.

This month I received a GORGEOUS sailor's knot necklace from BROOKLYNrehab that retails for $20.00

and an art photo from September Wren which from what I can tell, seem to go for $14.00 (this isn't the photo I got, this is one of her other pieces. You can see the one I received in the video.)


I would say that if you're looking for a HUGE steal, this ain't it, but if you want to receive a monthly suprise from the indie crafters market, then sign up and give 'em a try, it's totally been worth it so far!

No comments: