Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Glam Love Is in The Air

My Glam is a monthly beauty subscription service that's $10 a month. I've been happier and happier each month, and I'm SO GLAD that I stuck with 'em and didn't cancel after my first box like I thought I might. I was particularly thrilled with the FULL SIZED Studio Gear lipstick. I was pretty bummed that the zipper was broken on arrival on my cosmetics bag :-( I'm a ding dong, I should have gotten in touch with customer service to see if they'd send a replacement, sigh.....


MyGlam concealer brush and defining eyeliner brush rounded out a mini brush set that has been an awesome purse addition, especially since the matching case has a closing flap so they don't get funky. This last brush inclusion seems to be made of a slightly better material than the first ones. I'm a big fan of the eyeliner brush, it's the perfect size for me.

Philosophy Love Sweet Love 2 oz
I seem to have misplaced this, but I do remember that I actually liked this one. It's still quite sweet, but not as cloying as some other Philosophy fragrances, I think due to the addition of some slightly fruity notes to round it out.

Miss Beauty Nail Bling
Well, looking back at the video, I was really thrilled to get these, cause they looked adorable- but boy howdy did they suck! "lasts up to 10 days"? REALLY? Wow, these blew. They were peeling off the same day on some of the nails and because they're a fairly thick plasticky tape, you have to use scissors to trim them, they won't file off. It was hard to get them trimmed perfectly on the hand that I had to cut with my non dominant hand. They're also very gooey and leave a massive sticky residue. Poop. Very Made In China Dollar Store.

Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick with swatch
Lipstick
Lipstick
This luxurious lipstick contains revolutionary spheres of mega-moisturizer hyaluronic acid and folic acid, a vitamin B derivative that actually plumps your lips.







Now THIS WAS FREAKIN AWESOME! I immediately moved this to a place of honor and am carrying it daily in my purse. It's an extremely flattering color and the texture of the lipstick is FABOO. It's very creamy and rich with a boffo pigment payout. It feels so good on your lips and the staying power is great. I am THRILLED with this lippie! I am now a HUGE Studio Gear fan. 

No comments: