Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saving stressed out locks with Alterna and Ojon

So wow, I just realized that like my last 5 or 6 posts were about hair stuff! So why not one more?

A few months ago, I lightened my hair. It's not too drastic, about the color that it is at the end of the summer after I've been in the sun for a few months, but the process is nonetheless damaging. I'm used to having really soft, sleek hair and the rougher feel of it was a bit disturbing to me. That's when I decided to pull out the big guns, Alterna and Ojon.

For those unfamiliar with the Alterna brand, just know that they're so freakin awesome that KATIE HOLMES recently became a co-owner because she loved them so much. 
If you read my blog or watch my videos, you'll see me raving about Alterna all the time, and this shampoo can be added to the list. After one use (!) you can see the difference. Your hair is shiny, silky, and totally moisturized without being heavy or weighed down. There's no sulfates to stress out your hair or dry out your scalp, so a bonus for those with sensitive noggins like mine. If you color your hair, you don't have to worry about this stripping or fading your color, it actually helps your color to last longer!

Caviar, Seasilk, Bamboo, Kendi Oil & more—these precious, sustainable ingredients deliver pure, powerful benefits. And what we leave out of our products is just as important as what we put in. We believe beauty products should be FREE OF Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates & other harsh or unnecessary additives. So important to us, this FREE OF claim appears on the front of every Alterna bottle, along with our commitment to eco-friendly packaging & fair-trade practices.



Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Seasilk Moisture Shampoo Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Seasilk Moisture Shampoo
Transform your brittle, dull hair into strong, healthy, youngerlooking hair. Formulated with Seasilk technology that repairs, moisturizes and nourishes hair, and Photozyme Complex that protects hair from damage. Incorporates Alternas AgeControl Complex that includes Caviar Extract, Vitamin C and Cytokines to reduce the effects of aging and help stimulate protein production.



I think they need to hand out bottles of Ojon Damage Reverse conditioner to anyone who does any sort of chemical process to their hair. While I do not normally have anything even RESEMBLING dry hair, after the lightening it really needed something. Well, this stuff is nothing short of MIRACULOUS. My hair had been protesting any time I tried to brush or comb it, and it became frizzy and unmanageable. One use of this and it was smooth as glass and super shiny. I was able to use my shower comb on it and the comb slid through my tresses like a knife through warm butter. Now I wouldn't recommend using this every day if you have stick straight baby fine hair like mine, but it's an amazing transforming treatment and my weekly luxury.
damage reverse™ Restorative Conditioner
Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner, 8.5 oz
What is it: A lush daily conditioner that treats damaged hair in the shower.Who is it for: Ideal for anyone with dry, damaged hair.Why is it different: This lush, concentrated daily conditioning balm doesn't just sit on the surface. It actually surrounds dry, brittle hair with nourishing lipids, including pure Ojon oil, nature's golden elixir, plus antioxidant-rich Brazilian buriti oil and murumuru butter. It helps seal in vital moisture and create the perfect buffer against daily damage, while instantly detangling. And it won't weigh your hair down. Your hair looks healthier, silkier, smoother, and shinier. How do I use it: work a small amount into hair and comb through. Leave in for a minute and rinse thoroughly. From Ojon.This product may contain nuts.



No comments: