Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo & Conditioner

I was first introduced to this hair combo a little over 6 years ago on my wedding night. The chi chi hotel we stayed at used Kiehl's products and I was so impressed that I ganked a big handful of extra bottles from the hotel maid to take with me on the rest of our road trip. I washed my hair in hard water, in soft water, and even after spending an entire day frolicking in the ocean, but no matter the circumstances, my hair came out uber clean, bouncy, soft and shiny. They use natural ingredients to get your hair clean and conditioned in the most gentle way imaginable. This works on all types of hair, from my stick straight hair to The Hubband's super curly mop. It smells fantabulous, but not in an overly perfumed/chemically kind of way. Because my hair is so fine, a lot of conditioners can weigh it down, making it limp and prone to getting greezy really quickly, but this just made it soft and free of tangles and frizz. My favorite thing though is that the shampoo makes my scalp feel REALLY REALLY clean. I have a sensitive scalp that will flake and go dry at a moment's notice (despite my having oily hair) and this keeps my noggin flake free. Also very concentrated, the coconut oil in it gives it a great lather without all the harsh sulfates. Win Win!






uh-MEE-noh AS-ids
Amino Acids are fundamental to the human body and construct proteins. When chemically united with fatty alcohol or fatty acid, they have cleansing properties and maintain their mild amphoteric character. Amino Acids are known to moisturize by enhancing the skin's water retention.
KOH-keh-nut OY-il
Coconut oil is an off-white, semi-solid, highly saturated fat expressed from the kernels of the coconut. It is stable when exposed to air. It lathers quickly and is a good skin cleanser commonly used in many skin care formulations. Lathers readily and softens skin.
HI-druh-lie'zd HWEET PRO-teen
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, also known as by the collective name Phyto Peptides, is an effective substitute for hydrolyzed animal protein derived by acid, enzyme, or other method of hydrolysis. It offers conditioning, moisturizing and film forming properties and is widely in skin care products to help skin retain its moisture and improve its overall appearance.
ho-HO-bah
Jojoba Oil is extracted from the beanlike seeds of the desert shrub Simondsia Chinensis and has been traditionally used by both Mexicans and Native Americans for skin care purpose. It reduces transepidermal water loss without completely blocking the transportation of water vapor and gasses, providing suppleness and softness. It is nurturing for the skin and helps to restore skin's natural lipid barrier.

No comments: