Thursday, December 6, 2012

Maybelline BB Cream & DDF Wrinkle Resist Pore Minimizer

Dream Fresh BB 8-In-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector Dream Fresh BB 8-In-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in-1 Skin Perfector is the 1-step wonder for a good skin day, everyday.


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream may not be the best BB cream out there, but for the price, it can't be beat. I was pleasantly surprised by this cream- it actually came pretty darn close to living up to it's hype. It took a while for the drugstore brands to catch up to the BB phenomena, surprisingly (the big guys are already off onto a new dream elixer) but the payoff is worth it- inexpensive BB creams that actually come close to competing with the more expensive brands.

blurs imperfections, brightens, evens skin tone, smoothes, hydrates, enhances and protects with SPF 30.

BB creams are perfect for the gal on the go- pretty much one step to replace the normal 4 or 5, in theory, anyway. Because it is sheer, you may still want a concealer for blemishes or red spots. This one is much less sheer than a tinted moisturizer, but if you want any real coverage you're better off with a foundation. I was having a slight rosacea flare causing my skin to be redder than normal and when I tried to build this on my cheek areas it DID cover the red, but it also made my face look like I was wearing a creepy plastic mask of my face. 

I also needed extra moisturization, my skin didn't feel QUITE hydrated enough. I have combination skin so I imagine if you have dry skin you'll definitely want to use moisturizer under it. What worked perfectly for me and made the best balance was to use my beloved DDF Wrinkle Resist Pore Minimizer first. The combination of the two was a match made in heaven. So yeah, I'm using an $85 serum under a $7.50 BB Cream. Go figger. But the DDF is WORTH IT! 

This exceptional formulation features a two-in-one design that offers both immediate and lasting anti-aging benefits. A vitamin peptide complex exfoliates to refine the appearance of wrinkles and enlarged pores while silicone elastomers, pigments and titanium dioxide offer an immediate reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamins E and B5 work with glycerin to thoroughly hydrate and plump the complexion, leading to a smoother texture and more radiant tone.

In other words, this stuff is FABOO. It may seem expensive, but one bottle has lasted me 6 months with no end in sight, I'll easily get a year out of it, so when you break that down it's really not so pricey after all. After about a month of use, you see your pores are shrunken and your skin is smooth and clear with wrinkles minimized and the an overall glow to your skin. Immediate benefits are the temporary pore shrinking, the non greasy but skin plumping hydration and a smoothness to your skin that makes makeup go on flawlessly. If you don't have particularly oily skin, you can forgo the separate moisturizer all together, thus making this again not nearly as pricey as it seems. I'm on my 2nd bottle with no regrets. 
DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer 50ml/1.7oz DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer 50ml/1.7oz
Hydrates & gently polishes skin Instantly reduces & minimizes look of pores Continuously reduces appearance of fine lines & wrinkles Improves skin texture & condition Leaves skin velvety smooth supple & youthful

The link above is for Strawberry Net who has it for almost $20 less than other places, and you also get to pick a full sized freebie with your first purchase. 

No comments: