Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good
Instead of being in a water base, this intensive foot moisturizer has a base of aloe vera which reduces itching, inflammation and swelling. I LOVE the smell and how easily it absorbs into the skin. Not at all greasy, I can put this on and still make it to the restroom before bed without slipping and flying down the stairs (it's happened before, seriously.) Really concentrated, so it lasts forever. Heals even cracked feet and if you put on socks with it before bed, you feet are magically transformed by the AM. I do so much running around barefoot, and this stuff keeps my feet looking and feeling great. Revitalizes tired feet and calves, too. Available at Bloom.com, the social beauty site where you get 10% cash back with purchases and tons of samples. They're the ones I have to thank for introducing me to this one! See my previous Bloom review here.

The BAD:
Sephora Nano Lips Gorgeous Gold
might look good on women of darker color where it would show up, but on me, you couldn't even see it. I tried layer after layer with no visible application. I'm usually pretty happy with Sephora products, but this one was a loss for me. Luckily, they're cheap so it wasn't a big financial loss, but I was still a sad panda.
Nano Lip Liner

The UGLY:
Ugh, I've really developed a bad relationship with Elizabeth Arden eyeshadows. I don't get it. Their skincare products are awesome, but their eyeshadow SUCKS! I'm not the only one. Check this out from the cosmetic and skincare site, Makeup Alley:

rated 3.3(51 reviews)
  • Average Rating: 3.3
  • 47% would buy again
  • Package Quality: 3.5
  • Price: $$$
  • Absolutely NO pigmentation, you have to put on layers and layers for it to even show up. The colors are generally BOOOOOOORING. Very roughly milled. TONS of fallout, even with top of the line primer. Look at this picture, you can actually SEE how roughly milled it is. I can think of tons of drugstore brands that are wildly superior. Save your money. 

No comments: