Friday, March 29, 2013

Jet Set Birchbox with product reviews


Birchbox was the first and remains up there with the best. There's variety, consistency, and quality- all for a low $10 a month! This particular box was jam packed with absolutely wonderful stuff. One of my fave parts about Birchbox is that you get points every time you review a product. Review 10 products, get $10 in Birchbox store credit! Sweet!




 This is a cool deal I found on Amazon, they're selling not only the Cynthia Rowley Band Aids, but also the Cynthia Rowley designed makeup bag that came with the last Beauty.com sampler!  Not only pretty, but also real actual Band Aid brand Band Aids! I am a total klutz and am constantly injuring myself so I like to buy cute adhesive bandages. Sadly, a lot of them are adorable but completely useless. These are good old fashioned, hard working, long lasting Band Aids, so you get the best of both worlds. I have been hoarding these like a squirrel, I've got something like 10 boxes in my medicine cabinet.



Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Black 0.07 oz
    When I first got this, Birchbox had an exclusive on the British Eyeko brand, but now you can pick one up at Sephora for $16. This eyeliner has my undying love. I received a similar pen from Marbella in an Ipsy shipment, and this is what they wish they were but stumbled. I just saw that they have a purple and an olive one! OOOOHHHH! You can make super skinny lines or big old fat cat eyes with ease. This stuff doesn't smudge or flake and is ridiculously easy to apply. The nub is flexible and leaves a beautiful even clean line. Love love love. If you're an eyeliner kinda gal, you owe it to yourself to try this one out.




  • I found a great deal on this! Fragrance.net has the 3.4 oz for less than most places sell the 1 oz! This was included to promote the then new Birchbox men. In the tube I thought it smelled too much like Polo (high school flashbacks to my gay boyfriend) but after the hubband put some on and it warmed into his skin, I found myself really digging it! It's woodsy but with a really sexy amberish drydown. Fragrance.net also gives you 20% off your first purchase on top of the discounted price. 

     Oh mama.... this stuff is absolutely DIVINE. Extracted by distillation of organic rosa damascena petals and naturally rich in active principles, rose water is often recommended for delicate skin. Astringent, it helps regulate sebum secretion and tends to prevent the appearance of wrinkles and lines. Natural and Organic Cosmetics certified by ECOCERT FRANCE according to ECOCERT's Standards, 100% of the total ingredients from natural origin, 99,91% of the total ingredients from Organic Farming. It makes a refreshing and uplifting toner and if you use it on your skin when you're overheated or tired you perk up like a wilted flower that's been given some water. The smell is to die for- a true rose scent- no fake perfumey roses here. I carried this around in my purse as a midday refresher.




Thebalm Lip Care, 8.5g/0.3oz Stainiac (Cheek & Lip Stain) - # Beauty Queen for Women
Thebalm Lip Care, 8.5g/0.3oz Stainiac (Cheek & Lip Stain) - # Beauty Queen for Women
I was surprised- I didn't think anyone could match the quality of Benefit's Benetint. I like that this has a sponge applicator for the lips so you don't have to worry about pouring out too much liquid and it's more gel like in it's consistency so it doesn't run everywhere. The consistency makes it easier to apply to the lips than Benetint, but harder to apply to the cheeks since it doesn't blend in as easily. I love how companies are doing these multipurpose products so much lately! Saves tons of time and makes packing for trips much easier.



Yu-Be - Moisturizing Skin Cream (Tube)

This stuff is DA BOMB. I have gone through 3 tubes of this stuff since I first got the sample. They do sell it in a larger jar, but I prefer the tube because I can carry it easily in my purse to use throughout the day. Because I wash my hands so much at work, I can apply layer after layer of regular lotion and my hands still feel dry. When I massage this in, I can practically hear my hands whispering "thank you!" on chapped lips, it feels amazing. It has a really thick consistency, but it actually absorbs into the skin with no trace of a greasy feel at all and leaves behind nothing but baby soft, hydrated, grateful skin. In the summertime when I spend a lot of time outdoors getting bug bites, this stuff is a lifesaver. It's so soothing and makes the itches go away immediately. An all around miracle cream, it's no surprise that it has a cult following. Yes, it has a camphor smell at first, but the scent fades within a minute or two.


The #1 Selling Medicated, Vitamin-Enriched Skin Care Cream in Japan.
Yu-Be has been manufactured in Japan since 1957 making it one of Japan's longest-selling moisturizers
Yu-Be's Glycerin-and-vitamin-based formula was invented by Japanese pharmacist Yoshikiyo Nowatari as a product the entire family could use
A special manufacturing process gives Yu-Be's concentrated, Glycerin-based moisturizer a rich, creamy texture that absorbs into your skin instantly and stays locked in for hours.
Concentrated glycerin moisturizer helps hydrate, soothe and smooth dry skin on the whole family (kids too!)
Glycerin - Natural "Humectant" attracts and retains moisture in the skin, making it softer.
Vitamin E - Natural anti-oxidant and skin protector.
Vitamin B2 - Helps to smooth rough or damaged skin - also gives Yu-Be it's natural yellow color.
Camphor - Helps soothe minor skin irritations and improves blood circulation - mild scent dissapears in minutes leaving skin feeling healthy.
Directions:
Use Yu-Be anywhere on the body - even the face and lips.
Helps heal split cuticles and smooth rough, dry skin on hands, elbows, knees and feet.
Helps protect and moisturize skin exposed to cold, wind and water.
Non-greasy formula absorbs instantly and locks in for hours. Good for all day or all night.
Contains no artificial colors or fragrances.

No comments: