Monday, May 10, 2010

Pure, Natural, Organic?

J/A/S/O/N "Pure Natural & Organic"
Dulce de Leche Shower Gel, Hand & Body Lotion 

I put that in quotes, because apparently there's nothing pure, natural, or organic about their products. Well, there's SOME things that are, but not enough for someone who is looking for TOTAL pure, natural and organic. I am NOT a product snob, I have merrily slapped stuff on my mug that would scare Elizabethan beauties. BUT I did it knowingly. I took my health into my own hands and rolled the dice, not unlike knowing that you don't really need that last glass of wine, but what the heck? Calculated risks are fine if you are aware of the risk you are taking. I feel really cheated, because I love the bath gel, it's creamy and leaves the skin soft and delightfully scented with an aroma similar to Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar but not as cloying. (I'm not as crazy about the lotion- the scent seems a bit off). If they'd just be honest with me, I'd be happy to recommend the bath gel, but I can't get past their deceptive advertising.


Too many people, myself included, naively believe that if a label proclaims certain things that they can back it up. Unfortunately, you can CALL yourself anything you want, but it doesn't make it so. After doing some internet research on this company, I was HORRIFIED that they dare to call themselves what they do. DO your own research and you'll see what I did. Thanks to the All Natural Beauty Mall's new video channel for opening my eyes.

To check them out, go to
the All Natural Beauty Mall
and scroll down- their video links are on the right hand side under their main menu.

I also previously posted a blog explaining all of the different natural and organic cosmetic certifications and what each one means and requires of the product carrying that label.

No comments: