Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sniff Sniff

Apparently I'm a fan of scents with a somewhat earthy base. When looking through what I've been wearing lately, I noticed that from gourmand to floral- they all have a deep dry down. Now that it's cooling off a bit (that means it's in the 80s now!) I can wear slightly sweeter scents. That may sound strange but trust me, when it's 115 degrees, floral scents make me want to hurl.
LAVANILA Pure Vanilla 1 oz Pure Vanilla Eau de Parfum
LAVANILA Pure Vanilla 1 oz Pure Vanilla Eau de Parfum
Pure Vanilla blends the tender sensuality of fresh Madagascar vanilla with the warm touch of soft patchouli and pure tonka bean. Infused with more vanilla bean than a vanilla cookie, this superbly clean scent is a must-have for any vanilla addict.LAVANILA carefully infuses pure essential oils with 100 percent active botanicals for natural fragrances that are fresh, clean, and nurturing. With each spray, proprietary natural technology wraps the skin with super antioxidants goji berry and kakad...


I recommended this one to a friend who is not only only vegan, but also super vigilant about avoiding chemicals. She also wanted a vanilla that really smelled like vanilla, not a super sweet fakeout like a Bath & Body Works vanilla. I let her try it out and she went and bought a bottle that weekend. While it does have patchouli in it, it's so light and subtle that you don't notice the actual patchouli scent as much as a whiff of it's essence, adding a dose of danger and sexiness to the purity of vanilla. 




Kat Von D Saint 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Introducing Saint, created by tattoo artist Kat Von D exclusively for Sephora. The sweet nectar of Mirabelle Plum and sparkling juicy mandarin create an addictive, mouth-watering top. At the heart, exotic, heady Tiare flower and sweet, tempting caramel are adorned with the velvety floralcy of jasmine, the queen of the night, as she emits her spellbinding fragrance into the sky. Sensual vanilla and creamy musk combine with the warmth of sandalwood for a comforting dry down.

Introducing Sinner, created by makeup artist Kat Von D, exclusively for Sephora. Light, delicate top notes of orange blossom, refreshing mandarin, and fleshy plum create a provocative, sultry heart. Rich jasmine blends seamlessly with a white-flower bouquet, beautifully tainted by the spicy warmth of cinnamon, an herb associated with ancient rituals of pleasure. A dark, mysterious back of earthy vetiver, patchouli, and woods enveloped in creamy vanilla and sensual musk lingers on the skin.Kat Von D Sinner 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray

Despite being marketed as opposites, the Kat Von D fragrances are almost impossible to differentiate. Saint is slightly sweeter at the top, but because it's got caramel, it's a deeper sweetness than the average floral. They both have vanilla and musk in the dry down, so that's when they really smell quite alike. Overall I prefer Sinner, and what's funny is that a friend of mine HATES cinnamon, but when I wear Sinner she always comments on liking it even though it has cinnamon ( haven't told her, it's like when I was a kid and thought I didn't like mushrooms even though I ate them all the time without knowing it). Get this in a spray, not a roller ball if you want the scent to stick around.  
Marc Jacobs Lola Marc Jacobs 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray

This warm floral bouquet conveys the free spirit of today's sexy, modern girl - she is playful, cool, and flirtatious. The long-lasting, day-and-night scent opens with pink peppercorn, pear, and ruby red grapefruit. Blooming midnotes of rose, fuschia peony, and geranium make a feminine statement. Layers of vanilla, warm tonka bean, and creamy musk create a sensuous drydown.The bottle's exquisite, multi-layered cap is a bursting bouquet with bright modern colors that pop against a matte black ...

Looking at the heart notes you'd think I'd hate this, but the first time I ever wore it I couldn't quit smelling myself! Does it count as being a pervert if you're your only victim? I totally perved on myself. The peppercorn and grapefruit had me at hello. One of the few scents that my mom and I both totally geek out over. 

Carolina Herrera 212
212 Eau de Toilette
212 Eau de Toilette
212, the sexy, urbane scent that's as spirited and complex as the woman who wears it.







A floral with musk undertones? Wha? Another one that I fell in love with. When I first put it on, I don't care for it, but after about 15 minutes it settles in and suddenly I'm in love. I think that's because that's about when the bergamot comes out, which is easily one of my favorite notes. When I wear this I feel like I should be rushing down a city street in expensive shoes and carrying a fabulous handbag. This perfume makes me feel like I DON'T have to check my bank balance before committing to a movie.

Bath & Body Works Velvet Tuberose

Velvet Tuberose by Bath and Body Works is a Floral fragrance for women. Velvet Tuberose was launched in 2007. Top notes are magnolia, juicy apricot, citruses and ylang-ylang; middle notes are freesia, cyclamen, tuberose, gardenia, fig leaf, indian jasmine and orchid; base notes are sandalwood, amber, spices, musk and cashmere wood.


Well, it was inevitable. I liked it so those bastard at B&BW discontinued it. If you don't mind your wallet being gang raped, you can still find it on Amazon. Check out those base notes- Of course I like it. What tiny bit I have left I'm apparently going to hoard like shoe leather in the Donner Party.  




Avon Comfort Scents Fireside Warmth Solid

Ahhhh, this is just a bit of nostalgia. Avon had this awesome line of fragrances called Comfort Scent years ago. Fireside Warmth smells like, well, exactly what it says. It smells like cuddling under a blankie and drinking a hot toddy. Now if you REALLY want to be boggled, you can buy it on Ebay for in the FIFTY DOLLAR RANGE. The package is about the size of a Korres lip butter. Wow. Believe it or not, I found my jar of it and it still smells exactly the same! I am not recommending that you pay that for a tiny jar of Avon, I'm just saying, it's quite pleasant and luckily the solids don't go off like liquids do. 

No comments: