Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Scrubbing up For Valentine's Day

I wanted to be all soft, clean and gorgeous for Valentine's Day and to do that I had to have a squeaky clean canvas. So what toys did I play with? (My hubby calls my products my "toys")

Well first things first, I cleaned my face using 2 excellent products from Bliss.

The lid+lash wash is an oil free makeup remover that removes all traces of eye makeup and also is safe and gentle enough to remove lip makeup! This is great for when you want to start with a fresh canvas. It's a liquid that borders on being a runny gel, and you simply saturate a cotton ball and let it do it's job. I've gotten some in my eye before and it didn't even sting. Sweet! It's cheap, too! It contains rosewater, so it's also incredibly refreshing and perks up tired eyes making it perfect for when your day includes a Round Two....






The Bliss clog-dissolving cleansing milk really gets down into your skin and makes it squeaky. It's crazy mild and rinses away thoroughly without leaving the skin feeling dry, and is especially good for oily or combination skin. It removes dead skin cells with exfoliating enzymes and is rich in antioxidants. It also rinses off incredibly easy so you don't have to scrub it off.

Both of these are available at Dermstore

Free Shipping at DermStore

After getting my face good and clean, I hopped into the shower for a quick refreshing scrub, bringing my Trillium Organics Pink Grapefruit Organic Body Polish with me. This stuff is da bomb and is handmade in Wisconsin. Another great item to perk you up after a long day when you have more ahead of you, the pink grapefruit scent is invigorating and refreshing and returns you to a state of alertness and energy. Not only does the sea salt remove the day's debris from your skin, but safflower, soy and vitamin E oils leave you feeling so silky you don't need a body moisturizer. A plus- Grapefruit is a detoxifier AND reduces cellulite! They are also certified organic by the USDA!
Available at Trillium Organics

Despite having cleansed my face to a ridiculous degree, I used Befine Food Skin Care's Cooling Peel Off Mask with Apple, Lemon & Green Tea. This is wonderful for those who have rosacea or a tendency towards facial flushing (which I do, especially after having just taken a shower). This goes on with a gel consistency and you immediately begin to feel a tingly coolness calming your skin. Give it about 15-20 minutes and then voila, you just peel it off! You can actually see the dead skin and debris attached to your new creepy glue mask :-) It actually reminds me of when I was a kid and would cover my hand in glue and then let it dry and peel it off. So wonderful that I can relive such fun with no one looking at me funny!

Available at random online retailers.


No comments: