Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly- Primer Edition

The Good


I was truly happy with Sephora Brand Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer. It not only rivals Smashbox Photo Finish primer, but the price can't be beat! $15 for a full sized bottle? Now granted, it's a 1/2 oz, and Photo Finish is $36 for 1 oz, so not a HUGE price difference, but still an economical buy since you only need a teeny tiny bit and it lasts forever. FAB! They have it in clear (which is what I have) and Luminous (a luminizing formula that I want to try!) Something else I really like is that it's eye safe, so you can use it as a shadow primer as well, however when using it as a shadow primer, I recommend letting it sit for a few minutes before applying shadow so that it absorbs and doesn't feel greasy. It smooths into the skin like a dream and allows for effortless foundation application. Your foundation has phenomenal staying power and you need less of it for full coverage since the primer smooths your skin. All in all a great product! 



SEPHORA COLLECTION Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer Perfecting 0.5 oz

The Bad- see my previous reviews of Cover FX Matteifying Primer

The Ugly-

Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer SUX. For THE LIFE OF ME I don't know how this has so many good reviews. Maybe it's just my skin type, but my makeup actually seemed to last LESS time with this than without a primer! It's like my makeup just slid off into my lap within a few hours! My foundation went on looking streaky and blotchy and especially my T-Zone just would not stay matte to save my life. I hatedit so much I tossed it, so if you insist on getting some, try it first. It might work fabulously on you, but considering how expensive it is, definitely get a tester first. 

No comments: