Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dermalogica Hydrating Masque saved my dehydrated face


A refreshing, moisturizing masque to remedy dry, stressed skin. Use after cleansing to help reduce the appearance of fine lines. Unique cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid traps moisture to deliver time-released hydration for lasting suppleness. Help stimulate skin's Natural Moisturizing Factor while lycopene-rich Tomato Seed lipids help restore skin's protective barrier, enhancing moisture levels for healthier, smoother skin. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.

Okay, so I had a killer stomach virus a few weeks ago. My temperature peaked at a little over 103! I barfed every 20 minutes for literally 14 hours, and even after that was over, it still happened periodically over the next 6 days. I was SICK! I tried to stay hydrated, but 95% of the water I drank, um, didn't stay with me very long. By the time I was feeling better, my skin looked like HELL. You know, when you're dehydrated, your body isn't all that concerned with sending moisture to your dermis, it's a little more concerned with keeping you from dying. 


Besides drinking a metric ton of water once I could, I decided to use a fast fix and pull out my Dermalogica Hydrating Masque. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I think my skin almost cried with gratitude. In the space of ten minutes I went from looking haggard, drawn and grey to looking like a very close approximation of my normal self. YAY! Now I've seen some reviews from people that didn't get the benefits that I did, but from what I can tell, they aren't using it correctly. For one thing, it really only addresses dehydrated skin- NOT plain old dry skin. Also, if you leave it on too long, it actually has the opposite effect and can make your skin drier. Follow the directions and use when your skin is stressed and needs to be rebalanced and you'll be a happy camper!



Dermalogica Cleanser, 75ml/2.5oz Skin Hydrating Masque for Women Dermalogica Cleanser, 75ml/2.5oz Skin Hydrating Masque for Women
An oil-free skin hydrating beauty mask,Instantly restores optimal moisture to dry skin,Helps reduce the appearance of fine, dry lines,Contains vitamins A, C & E to nourish & replenish skin,

No comments: