Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cheering Myself Up

Tomorrow I will be going under the knife for (hopefully) the last time relating to my April car accident. I'll be having a nerve removed from my back, a somewhat daunting prospect. Needless to say, I'm a bit stressed out. So what makes me feel better when I'm stressed? Hmmmmm...... I wonder...... Could it be, pampering myself a bit? Who me? Nah.....

First I popped Crystaltree Bath & Body Buttermint Candies heart wax tarts into my tart burner. These smell so exactly like those little mints that you get at weddings that are pastel colored and melt in your mouth. I mean EXACTLY. Even The Husband immediately nailed it. Yummmmmmmmyyyyyyy.......My only complaint is that on their web page, the scents aren't listed in any sort of order, so it's difficult to find something specific.

Say It So Sweetly  definitely sweetened up my mood with a Peanut Butter Cookie Pop. No business! This is a cookie with a CANDY BAR baked inside of it! Holy smokes! These things are amazing. I seriously am covered in drool.  What's really nifty is that you can get them in customized labels making them perfect for parties. They'll even customize colors and everything! I promise, if you brought these to an affair, you will suddenly become very very popular. Or you can secretly scarf them down hidden from greedy prying eyes that want to steal your cookie pop!


Borghese Eye Compresses
Ahhhhhhhh, nap in a jar. They feel so cool when you put them on, no need to refrigerate. They relieve tired, puffy eyes and tighten up fine lines as well. Borghese is one of those brands that just keeps amazing me with how much I'm discovering that I adore their products. A bit on the pricey side, but SO totally worth it if you suffer from tired eyes like I do. Next time I have a funeral to go to, I'm popping a jar of these in my suitcase. After watching The Road I used these and in a few minutes my eyes were no longer puffy and red and I no longer appeared as if I'd watched my puppy get hit by a car. These are super rad for people with allergies that affect their eyes.
Borghese Eye Care, 60pads Eye Compresses for Women
Borghese Eye Care, 60pads Eye Compresses for Women
Reduces puffiness,Soothes and combats the appearance of fine lines,Boosts hydration,Remove after 5-10 minutes, patting excess gel around eye area,Dispose of pads after each use,






Dr Dennis Gross 2 step Daily Alpha Beta Peel is gentle enough to use every day and works wonders at reducing redness and shrinking down pores. It makes your face look brighter and more toned and the effects last all day. It's easy to see why these have become a cult fave. I usually like to use these before a big night out, but supposedly with daily use, they'll transform you into a goddess or something :) You can buy them in jars with more content, I just like to keep the single serving sized ones around because I can throw them in an overnight bag.
Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel 10 Packettes
Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel 10 Packettes
Developed with an exclusive two-step technology Contains easy-to-use pads for wiping on & off Offers micro-exfoliation without recovery time Helps firm skin banish dullness shrink pores & pacify redness Minimizes fine lines & wrinkles Suppresses oil production & prevents breakouts Efficaciously cures problematic skin like Rosacea & Acne Restores purified refined & evenly-toned skin








Laboratoire Remede Hydra Therapy Eye Cream
Um what do I say here? OOOH LA LA! Hands down THE BEST eye cream I've ever used. Ridiculously expensive, but a teegumbitty bit is all you need, so it's actually not that bad, dollar for dollar. Ohhhhh....... there's no way to describe how luxe this feels. After using the eye pads, I suddenly felt like a supermodel once applying this. I guess I COULD tell you about all of it's awesome properties, but suffice it to say- all I can say is oooooohhhhhhh......
REMEDE Hydra Therapy Eye Creme, 0.5 oz
REMEDE Hydra Therapy Eye Creme, 0.5 oz
What is it: A true multitasker, this hydrating eye cream restores moisture while fighting the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Who is it for: Suitable for those with fine lines and wrinkles and anyone with sensitive to normal skin. Why is it different: This gel-based eye cream is lightweight and easily absorbed, allowing for even makeup application. The formula contains soft focus powders to flatter the eye area, instantly illuminating skin and blurring skin imperfections. How do I use it: In the morning and/or evening, gently smooth around the entire eye area with light tapping movements. From REMEDE.










Hurraw lip balm in grapefruit is an all organic vegan choice for lip balms. (Weird how spell check disagrees with the word vegan, maybe because I just ate prime rib. BURP. Sorry!) Super smooth, easily absorbed, won't give me cancer or seizures. Hurraw! My only complaint is that for some reason it doesn't go on the wet parts of my lips (my inner area where my lips meet.) Maybe my lips are just too big and unmanageable. Guess I'll stick with my Whoo's balm (previously reviewed)

So wish me luck tomorrow, my pretties! MWAH! 

No comments: