Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's in my purse today?

Seriously, this is literally what I'm toting around at the moment.

Well, here's what we have....

Bath & Body Works Pocket Bac in Rudy's Cocoa Mint
Um, well, the label's cute..... They really shot the pooch with this one. I have it, and I don't want to waste it, but this one smells weird. It smells like a scratch and sniff sticker, and not in a good way. It smells like one of those that they just couldn't get quite right. Blech. The fake chocolate smell does NOT cover up the alcohol smell. The worst of their gels that I've tried.

Stila Artist's Inspiration Palette
This set contains:

- 5  eyeshadows in Fluorescent Green, Ebony,  Golightly, Dapple and Kitten and a cheek color in Electric Pink

Ahhhhh! Pure perfection! Everything an eyeshadow should be. Vibrant, true colors in a powder milled so finely it has an almost creamy consistency. You do need to tap your brush before application because of the fine consistency, but it glides on like a dream and stays put all day. I love that you have kapow colors and gorgeous shimmering neutrals. The bottom row of colors have an unbelievable depth. Excellent overall lid washes and highlighting.  The black shadow is a perfect wet liner. The cheek color is SUPER bright pink, so a tiny bit on the apples is all you need, but I'll be honest, I use it as an eyeshadow just as often! (The shadows are large sized pans, by the by.) Received a 4.7 outof 5 on Makeup Alley!














Loreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Sea Fleur
The Colour Riche line most closely resembles Lancome lipstick, IMHO. (Lancome is their parent company.) This color is true- it looks on your lips exactly as it appears in the tube. This is not a meek color. I am not a meek woman. I feel like a mermaid in this color. You would think it'd look garish on a pale redhead, but it's actually quite a flattering shade. You certainly want to go with neutral eyes with this- it's like a red or orange- you don't want to look like a clown (unless of course, you do. I know sometimes I do....) I've been keeping this is my purse because the color goes with almost everything I wear, and it goes on so smoothly and is so creamy, it almost feels like I have lip balm on. It leaves a slight lip stain so even after eating or drinking you don't have that freaky naked circle on your inner lips. It has tremendous staying power and looks fabu over a lip plumper (like Philosophy Big Mouth which I have reviewed previously) ALSO received a 4.7 out of 5 on Makeup Alley!
Only $6.99 at Ulta!

This Week Only! FREE Shipping on all orders of $25



Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Pressed Powder is a good basic neutral mattifying powder, and I LOVE the compact. The bottom is a separate compartment that flips up to hold the applicator, keeping it from getting the powder oily. I was skeptical, because there's only one shade, but it's translucent enough that it worked even on my pale skin (normally translucent looks beige on me.) This is not for those who want heavy coverage as it's a very light, sheer formula. I'm not a fan of the included sponge applicator, it made it apply blotchy,and I thought originally I didn't like it. After switching to a standard powder puff however, it went on much more evenly. So I do like it, and I love that it lets my freckles show through. My one complaint is the included applicator. This is not for those with super oily skin- you'll wind up constantly reapplying on the T-zones, this is more for normal or combination skin. For my normal/combo skin, it provides a natural, airbrushed look and I keep it going by using my facial blotting papers on my t-zone after a few hours.  As a packaging whore, I love that  it says on the mirror, "Why be pretty when you can be gorgeous?"
Also available at Ulta. 
 

100% Pure Organic Fuji Apple Nourishing Body Cream; Another Makeup Alley favorite- this one with a 4.4 out of 5. And look at these ingredients!
Organic White Tea1, Organic Rose Hydrosol2, Organic Cocoa Butter3, Organic Avocado Butter2, Organic Cabernet Grapeseed Oil2, Organic Rosehip Seed Oil4, Organic Lavender Honey Wax5, Organic Apple Flavor3, Extracts of Organic Cherry3, Organic Pomegranate3, Organic Raspberry3 and Organic Blackberry3, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Citric Acid, Witch Hazel, Japanese Honeysuckle Extract 

1 certified organic by Oregon Tilth Certified Organic
2 certified organic by Soil Association Certification Limited
3 certified organic by Organic Certifiers
4 certified organic by Baystate Organic Certifiers
5 certified organic by QAI



An amazing, real apple smell as opposed to a cloying artificial scent. The scent isn't overly sweet or overpowering but leaves a pleasant subtle hint on the skin. It absorbs quickly, isn't greasy and makes your skin smooth as a dream. Luscious without being heavy. One of the best lotions I've ever used. Can be a pain to track down, but I found it HERE.



Nick Chavez Volumizing Extra Hold Hairspray
I have extremely fine hair, but a few spritzes of this and I am capable of making the biggest, bad-ass-est, towering hairdos. This spray is for when you want POWER HOLD. I somehow managed to even give myself a beehive with this stuff and some well placed hairpins. If you knew how baby fine my hair is, you'd see what an achievement that is. It also oddly works as something of a dry shampoo- a few sprays of this and my hair looks bouncy and full of body, even if it was limp and greezy. You can brush through it, too! A super fine mist that doesn't weigh the hair down or make it overly crunchy unless you REALLY go to town with the spray nozzle. 5 out of 5 kisses on Ulta.com, where you can also purchase.

Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto Bliss and Incanto Heaven  Eau de Toilette sprays
These two scents are similar in the way that Bette Davis and Bette Davis were similar in Dead Ringer. At first glance interchangeable, but a little time with them and you begin to pick up the differences and then one day you don't know how you could have ever mistaken one for the other.
Bliss (4.1 out of 5 lips on Ulta, also available at Ulta.com) is a light, breezy scent that is office friendly but still leaves an aura of fragrance. A fruity floral that lasts all day and brings to mind the word sparkling.
Top Notes: Yuzu, Kumquat and Apple.
Heart Notes: Freesia, Water Lily and Rose
Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood and Cedarwood



Incanto Heaven (4.5 out of 5 on Ulta, available at Ulta.com) 
is also a fruity floral, but with different fruits and flowers. With notes of Mock Orange, Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Peony, Red Apple, Musks, Iris, Apricot, Tea, and Violet. A bit more mysterious than Bliss, but also very office friendly and mild mannered. 

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Sheer Gloss in Crystal is awesome by itself or over a lippie that you want to make absolutely the shiniest it can be. Really moist, really shiny, and gives the illusion of plumper lips with the use of polymers that reflect the light. It's a gel like texture, but not insanely sticky, like some glosses this texture can be. It also has good staying power, you aren't reapplying it every time you speak. 4.2 out of 5 on Makeup Alley.


Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Wallflower is pretty demure stuff for Urban Decay but makes a perfect purse go-to, I know it'll look fine no matter what I'm wearing. It plumps the lips a bit and has a delightful tingly peppermint taste that I love. It's a slightly pinkish mauve that is neutral enough to be flattering on just about anyone. A friend of mine with naturally plump lips borrowed it one evening and it made her mouth look like it belonged on Angelina Jolie! 5 out of 5 on Makeup Alley!

No comments: