Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Daily Slathering

Another installment of "what I wore today..."

Eye Envy Exotic Kit Collection
These are one of the coolest things EVER. I was skeptical, but they ACTUALLY WORK! Astoundingly easy to use, they come with a setting powder to keep the design absolutely smudgeproof. Heck, if you're careful, you can wear it the next day! I wore the pink zebra on New Years and after greeting the sun, my shadow had not budged. not only that, but you can use each strip twice, it just won't be quite as vibrant the 2nd use. They also make strips that are just plain shadow, but frankly I don't see the point unless you're completely helpless at shadow application. The patterned ones though?!?!? WOWEE ZOWEE! Anytime I use these, I get stopped on the street by people who think I'm some kind of makeup guru. Smile and nod.....

They used to sell them at Sephora, but not any longer. Luckily I found them on Amazon for the same price. YAY! I'd be heartbroken to not be able to find these anymore!











Arcona Reozone 40 is a dream, especially in the summer. It's lightly tinted, so it evens out your skin tone without being too heavy and allows you to forgo other makeup if you're doing the natural thing. It's highly water resistant with full spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Antioxidants protect skin from future damage by neutralizing free radicals before they can cause damage and the high SPF protects even the fairest of skin (ie; mine). It absorbs quickly and is whisper light with next to no scent (unusual for such a high SPF). I like to also rub this onto the backs of my hands since they are freckle city and feel like I'm starting to get old lady hands..I love Arcona, and once again, they knocked it out of the ballpark!

Harajuku Lovers Lil' Angel is an unusual scent for me. It's very sweet but it's also got some pineapple undertones that balance it out. I didn't think I would like it, but after it adjusted to my skin, I found myself sniffing my own wrists every few minutes and falling deeper into the scent. The packaging of Gwen Stefani's signature perfume line should give you the clue- cute, playful, a bit sassy. This is not something that would work on an 80 year old lady, that's for sure! This is a daytime fragrance- very sunshine and puppies- it's too cute for evenings, but perfect for a barbeque, pool party, or day at the zoo.  
Crazy good prices on it at



Pop Beauty Nail Glam in Orange REALLY ACTUALLY looks on your nails like it does in the bottle. Anyone who remembers my babylike whining about the lack of real neon in Sinful Colors supposedly neon shades can now rejoice with me! This stuff is, as my friend Butch would say, "off the hook!" It dries quickly without smudging, lasts FOREVER, and is very chip resistant. AND did I mention how insanely bright it is? It's like looking at the sun, it'll give your eyes afterburn! LOVE LOVE LOVE!POP Beauty Nail Glam Polish - Orange

Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20 is delightful for traveling or "I sweated my face off" touch ups because of it's somewhat unique method of dispensation. Instead of being a regular powder that can cause a mess (especially if it opens up in your purse, as I can unfortunately attest), it starts out solid and you twist the dial to powder the exact amount you need. No muss, no fuss. That way, you can also keep a puff with it that won't get grody. YAY! Oh, yeah, and it's a good mineral foundation too! Sheer finish but still good coverage- you can layer for more coverage-, SPF protection, doesn't cake up and gives a nice natural look. 

Lancome Color Design Sugared Maple Sheen Lipstick is a lovely neutral. I love Lancome lipsticks more than probably any other brand because of their rich luxurious feel, their long lasting color, their moisturizing properties and how my lips just get softer and softer with daily use. This is a sheerish brown tint. A tiny bit of color but very subtle. Gives a sexy pout because of the slight sparkly effect and works wonderfully with dramatic eye makeup to balance out the face. 

e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush #84011 is antibacterial Taklon material (safe for you vegans out there)and is super soft. You can use it flat for wide application such as on the apples of your cheeks, then it has a pointed tip making it perfect for contouring. The bristles stay put, I've had nil shedding. The best part? It's only THREE DOLLARS!!!!!

Daily Giveaway Contest!

No comments: