Thursday, January 3, 2013

Leap Into Summer Conscious Box








Conscious Box - June 2012

It's Conscious Box time again. The inside card read: Leap into Summer

"Summer days linger long as the light slides gently through the trees and away into night. Early summer eves awaken our spirits as warm air drifts over our skin and nature coaxes us to join it. Allow the bounty of June’s essence to wash over you, reinvigorating your soul with this season’s abundance of energy. Embrace this season’s simple gifts and revel in what they bring."

 “Then followed that beautiful season, summer. Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape lay as if newly created in all the freshness of childhood.”
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  For the uninitiated, Conscious Box is a monthly subscription of eco friendly lifestyle products- everything from supplements to cosmetics to household goods. I've been such an enormous fan since I discovered them- every box gives me at least one item that I fall madly and deeply in love with.

Mighty Leaf Tea (2 flavors) - Organic Earl Grey and Organic Spring Jasmine. I'm so nuts about Mighty Leaf teas....Their handcrafted tea blends come to you in handcrafted pouches, bursting with flavor and some wonderfully creative blends.



Natural Vitality - Energy -I reviewed this in a previous blog entry, so I'll just say it again- I totally dig this stuff!


 


Savvy Boheme - Natural Real Deodorant- I loved this so much that I went and bought a full sized tube. I'll do a seperate review later since I'd like to do a Q&A with the shop proprietor.

 

Vita Rocks - Cherry and Lemon - another one that I reviewed previously- these things are so super duper cool!


bug stopper soap from Natural Newborn. Absolutely BRILLIANT. You can even take the bar and just leave it out in your tent to reap the benefits of the essential oils to help ward off the biters. Not just for babies! Perfect for those of us who don't want to use a bunch of toxic chemicals but want all over bug zapper protection. And if you do have a kiddo, this is a super easy way to protect them with slathering them in god knows what.

Kelp Krunch - kelp and sesame bar


Vega One - all in one nutritional shake berry flavored - 


Artisana - Almond Butter -GAWD I love this stuff. All of their butters are amazing, even the pecan one, which I didn't think I'd like! So smooth and creamy with a pure, rich taste. 


 EBoost - Berry flavored - these are a great way to get energy without turning into a tweaker. Natural energy that boosts you without turning you into a nutjob or giving you a crash.


KO Denmark - Jasmine Neroli Rose Body Lotion -miraculous! An organic lotion made with PURE jasmine and neroli oils? Those are some crazy expensive oils gracing this lovely and super hydrating lotion! Raved about in Allure for a reason. 

Nuti-Mesu Life Ocean Salt

Lara Bar Key Lime Pie I have a stack of Lara Bar boxes in my locker at work- they're the perfect midday snack to keep me going through till dinner without all of the sugars and fillers of so many snack bars. Made from nothing but actual fruits and nuts. Now don't go thinking this is going to taste like eating a piece of pie- it tastes like fruit and nuts- but I LIKE fruits and nuts.


$5 gift card to Soap Hope.  This site has everything from the obvious soap, to makeup and  cleaning products and is part of the Good Returns Business Model which means they invest 100% of their profits to empower women all around the world for an entire year.  I can proudly say that I know one of it's founders and it doesn't surprise me in the least that he chose this path for his life.

$5 coupon for LunaPads. I am a HUGE fan of these. So much better for the environment than disposables, you don't ever have to worry about emergency freak out running to the store and believe it or not- these are waaaay more comfortable than disposable pads. And I can't help it, I'm a sucker for the groovy patterns. 
 These are the pattern I have, and silly as it sounds, I picked these because they match my Vera Bradley purse ;-) And if that doesn't convince you, check this out!

No comments: