Saturday, October 2, 2010

They don't make 'em like they used to.....

I came across a box with some things I'd collected from my grandmother's house when she passed away that reminded me of her too much to get rid of. My grandmommy was a pack rat to the extreme that I look like a minimalist in comparison. That crazy woman saved EVERYTHING. In tribute to her, I saved her little pot of Revlon "The Rouge". I never saw her use anything else, yet somehow it seems to have quit being manufactured in the sixties. Did she stockpile the stuff or something? It doesn't even have a color name or anything. It's just "The Rouge" like no other such thing existed. It's got a little powder puff in it for those perfect, um, circles on your cheeks. Strangely, it's not even stinky. Maybe they preserved it with some sort of radioactive toxin. That'll add a glow to your cheeks!

No comments: