Friday, June 24, 2011

Now I Wanna Be Your Dog

Homemade, gourmet style dog treats are all the rage lately- heck, there's even an entire store catering to pampered pets in my neighborhood! For me, I have a very old man that gives me his big sad moo cow eyes and I feel like giving him a treat to cheer him up, but most commercial doggie treats are so full of unpronounceable crap that I don't feel comfortable feeding them to such an elderly gent (though the baby of the family is a different matter- she eats wood and animals that she murders in the back yard......)

So TADA! All natural handmade goodies for your four legged friends!

There's tons of choice out there,  but here's a few that, based on his reaction, must taste pretty good to a dog!





The-Vintage-Chest-Barkery makes treats to order and specialize in creating recipes for specific animal dietary needs. Just drop them a message and let them know what you're looking for!

makes organic treats that look like something I personally want to chow down on! Their ginger cookies make your dog's breath NOT smell like butt for a day or so, too!



Beagle Bites
are another one of those treat companies that they smell good enough that I almost am tempted to steal a nibble! Probably not the best idea I've ever had in my life, though :-)



Stylin' Pup Pillows carries so much more than treats! Goodness, they've got all kinds of unique, handmade items for the stylish dog (and cat!) Custom made collars! Non slip bowl mats! And I am SOOOOOO wanting to buy the custom made pink skull and crossbones leash and collar set for my Anna Nicole!
Stylin' Pup Pillows also makes kitty treats, like salmon cookies, so in honor of our friends who meow, I'd also like to mention
Colorado Catnip Toys , with organic and handmade catnip toys, kitty blankets and beds. Check out all the positive feedback on their shop and see why I recommend them. I've given their toys to 2 different feline friends who went absolutely nuts over them, and my own two meow meows fight over theirs. I caught Calliope hiding theirs :-)
So show some love to your furry babies and let them know how special they are while supporting indie business endeavors at the same time. PetSmart doesn't need any more of your ducats!

No comments: